A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How do you personally deal with crippling illness?

Post 801

Ellen

Hugs for Flying Ants. smiley - cuddle

Post 802

Ellen

SS, I so hope you are feeling better soon.

Post 803

Effers;England.

Happy christmas all...and an extra hug for SS.

Post 804

Effers;England.

and yes a smiley - cuddle for you JEllen too.

Post 805

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Thanks all, I find a small amount of Vics Vapour Rub under noes works well. The hallucinations of coures are not flu related and would not wish them to go, which might sound odd, but crazzy is as crazy does.

Post 806

Websailor

SS, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, but at least you know it is real and you are alive smiley - smiley

Hope you feel better soon.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 807

Just burnt a crucifix shape into my arm using a hot nailhead. It was inevitable as putting it off for months. Yes I know it is crazy, if I was sane I wouldnt be doing it. I have also put 666 signs in my windows and am the New Son Of God, which isnt all that, lol!

Post 808

Taff Agent of kaos

SS

talk to someone

phone the samaritains or some thing

smiley - bat

please????

Post 809

Taff, thanks, its ok, but this is fairly normal life for me these days, well as much as phychosis and dellussions can be, lol!

Post 810

Taff Agent of kaos

seriously, talk to someone instead of self harming

my co worker just had to deal with a case of self harm

chap cut himself under the eyes with a razor blade

smiley - bat

Post 811

zendevil

smiley - yuk Don't even suggest such things! I've self-harmed in the past, but wouldn't do so again, unless you count..no, not going into that, but wasn't life threatening.

SS, one technique to limit damage but still get away with self-punishment is to scratch (with your own nails, not a tool) the place you feel like hurting. It still hurts, but won't be so serious. When you feel relief, make sure to put a mild antiseptic on it, calendula ointment is also good, arnica is great for bruises, but not on broken skin.

I agree you should see someone; seems the paranoid delusions are getting rather out of hand. You are obviously *not* out of touch with reality; since you are able to post clearly on here, but it seems your life isn't good while you are feeling this way. We aren't professional shrinks on here; we are just supportive fiends, & it's not nice to see others suffering like you seem to be.

Take care, stay zen.

zdt

Post 812

Ellen

Antipsychotics. Please consider using them, SS. Abilify. Zyprexa. Seroquel. And so on. I'm not a doctor, and I can't prescribe anything or diagnose you, but please FIND SOMEONE COMPETENT WHO WILL.

Post 813

Maria

SS, do what people here advice you please,

smiley - hug

Post 814

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Indeed. Strangely, seek help. If nothing else, to ensure that you're not going to develop any kind of infection from what you've done. Causing yourself physical pain may seem like it is removing some other form of pain, but it won't get rid of it forever, believe me. There are people who can help you.

Post 815

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My phychiatrist has said I can have anti phychotics if hallucinations become annoying. That sounds strange, the if bit, as sounds as if there is an acceptable phychosis which while I might be on the edge of the bad side at moment, there is indeed a good side which is hard to explain if havent been there. There are alternatives to burning but I needed the Crucifix shape due to the old Son Of God thing. I do keep the burns clean as enthusiastic cleaning slows down healing and makes scar worse, now that is REALLY crazy, as is thinking Christ felt a burning like pain as he was nailed to cross. Crazy is as crazy does!

Post 816

zendevil

Well, you are obviously not crazy if you can recognise that this behaviour is pretty crazy; so best get help while you are still rational i would suggest; these things have a habit of getting worse, until it doesn't seem crazy any more.

We all care about you & all say the same: PLEASE GET HELP, you are obviously in distress; many of us have been there, done that, got the T shirt & scars to prove it.

If your shrink is useless, demand another one who you can relate to better, but please do that soon, or the buggers will just decide to lockyou up & dope you up.

Is there anyone in RL there you feel you could trust enough to come with you to shrink & explain how you are feeling & demand that you get your rights to decent care? do you have any sort of support system of Real people around you?

'Us lot' on here care very much, but we can't physically be there where you are, seems to me you do need a RL person to help out; very difficult, i know, when feeling down, to try & sort this.

Do try The Samaritans; they have helped me a lot in the past; the local number is in your phone book, front page; they now have email service, plus usually you can arrange to meet someone in person if you prefer.

zdt

zdt

Post 817

Effers;England.

I don't understand why you aren't kicking up more of a fuss SS. Months and months ago you spoke about similar delusions and self harm. Some of us here who have mental health problems, said then, that you should be able to be prescribed anti psychotics, and if you're not getting proper help, to insist on it.

You seem to have retained 'insight' though to your delusions.

Like I said then, none of us here, know the full medical facts, but it seems fairly obvious to me that antipsychotics should at least be tried, if things are so bad. They work well for me, with my bipolar.

I'd advise you once again to really insist on something more being tried, than what you are present getting.

You're posting here, not the doctors, so I'm responding to that. Make a fuss and see what happens. It can hardly be worse than things appear to be at present.

smiley - goodluck

Post 818

Taff Agent of kaos

SS the danger of self harming is the fluke accident

in my line of work we have people self harming all the time, and they sometimes resent being on 'suicide watch' over what they see as just a little light cutting......the danger is......during a little light cutting session, something might happen, a sneeze, anything and the blade go's a little too deep and suddenly a little light cutting turns into arterial spray and a world of trouble

seek help and find a safer release

smiley - bat

Post 819

Effers;England.

And infection is something to be taken seriously. Someone I know through a mental health group, has struggled with that for years. She's been hospitalised a few times, and is regularly strip searched. I assumed it was because they were searching for an implement. But she told me that it is more to do with looking for signs of infection. Because she does it to all parts of her body.

Post 820

zendevil

Indeed. i know just one episode of self harm, not even through cutting; led in my case to such severe deep tissue damage i wasn't able to walk for months.

Honestly, you don't need being disabled like that on top of everything else.

The hair-cutting, i can understand, i do it too, usually when i am so frustrated with someone who likes my hair, as a means of probably punishing both them & myself; but that's relatively harmless, but cutting:burning your skin IS NOT. It won't solve anything at all.

PLEASE get help.

zdt

Key: Complain about this post