A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The worst Song Ever?

Post 81

Danny B

*Anything* by Big Country? In 18 years and 8 studio albums they recorded two, perhaps three songs with guitars that sounded a bit like bagpipes. All from their first album. 'Bagpipe Guitars' just became a lazy cliche used by music writers who couldn't be bothered to listen to the band... smiley - 2cents

And while I'm here:

'Fix You' by Coldplay smiley - headhurts

The worst Song Ever?

Post 82

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Yup. Anything *and* everything by Big Country. That they were allowed to record 8 albums wotrth of their nonsense is almost cause for criminal charges, I'd have thought. And Ultravox after John Foxx left and Midge Ure joined. And Spandau Ballet. In fact, 99% of the eighties was just shambolic sh*te of the worst order. I mean, Tears for Fears, early Madonna, Sinitta. What in the name of sanity was that all about?

smiley - shark

The worst Song Ever?

Post 83

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Birdy Song smiley - tit

and anythig by 'Black Lace' e.g Aggado etc......... smiley - erm

The worst Song Ever?

Post 84

Danny B

Harsh, but most people I know feel the same way, so I'll just retreat into my little cubby hole with my Big Country CDs and some headphones...

I'd agree with the rest of those though!

The worst Song Ever?

Post 85

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Since the thread seems to have gone more general I'd like to say:
Anything by Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit or Slipknot. And anything by Metallica after the Black Album.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 86

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

I hasten to add that I'd put anything by Coldplay, Athlete, Embrace, Keane, Travis, Radiohead (Except Creep and Iron Lung) and a number of modern bands would be included in my list.

Oh, and whoever posted Nickleback's How You Remind Me is both bad and wrong. It's a glorious piece of music.

smiley - shark

The worst Song Ever?

Post 87

Danny B

Careful, Blues - your taste in music is getting dangerously close to that of a Big Country fan smiley - winkeye

Very glad to know I'm not the only person who can't stand Radiohead.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 88

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Oh and Orville the Duck 'I Wish I Could Fly' smiley - erm

The worst Song Ever?

Post 89

No no, *your* taste is getting very close to that of a man who still thinks The Damned are a fine and splendid rock band. smiley - winkeye

I don't think that anybody *really* likes Radiohead. I think it's a trendy pose to have.smiley - erm

Still, at least Joe Dolce stopped Ultravox having a number one with that terrible dirge...smiley - laugh

smiley - shark

The worst Song Ever?

Post 90

psychocandy - Moderation Team Leader

I'll agree on Coldplay and Radiohead. And Oasis as well.

And *anything* and *everything* by those godawful Wainwrights.

The worst Song Ever?

Post 91

Orcus

>>I don't think that anybody *really* likes Radiohead. I think it's a trendy pose to have<<

Wrong, and believe me, trendy is not an epithet I've ever been accused of. smiley - nahnah

Mind you, since OK Computer I've lost my previous fanaticism smiley - winkeye

The worst Song Ever?

Post 92

Orcus

I must say it's nice to see some Oasis bashing. smiley - evilgrin

Is there possibly a more overrated band? (nobody say Radiohead smiley - cross)
An appalling bunch of arseholes in real life too smiley - erm

The worst Song Ever?

Post 93

Wainwrights - Rufus and Martha yes, Loudon definitely not. Great musician and wit.

Orcus - you have the point... smiley - winkeye

smiley - shark

The worst Song Ever?

Post 94

More over-rated than Oasis. Well, if we can't mention Radiohead (though I'd like to, obviously), it has to be Coldplay.

And Maroon 5. Who is buying this drivel. (Worst live band I've *ever* seen, btw. And that includes a girl at schools brothers band playing the village hall.)

smiley - shark

The worst Song Ever?

Post 95

Mu Beta

A friend of mine once stage dived in the village hall while singing for a band. 'Twas a brilliant evening all told.

Can I introduce 'Six Million Bicycles' at this point? Katie Melua is a lovely girl, with a fantastic voice, so what on Earth induced her to ask Mike Batt to write a song?

B

The worst Song Ever?

Post 96

Orcus

Mike Batt, surely you can't be knocking such all time classics as

smiley - musicalnoteunderground overground, wombling freesmiley - musicalnote

smiley - winkeye

The worst Song Ever?

Post 97

Mu Beta

M'Lud, I beg to have the counsel for the defence removed.

B

The worst Song Ever?

Post 98

Orcus

On Oasis versus Coldplay I'd say that at least Coldplay don't overrate themselves and most people I know and hear from don't like them whereas I know a depressing number of people who do love Oasis with a passion. smiley - erm

The worst Song Ever?

Post 99

Mu Beta

I did quite enjoy Chris Martin's Crazy Frog impression on Wossy a couple of months ago.

I still stand by my vote for Wonderwall as well.

B

The worst Song Ever?

Post 100

Orcus

I'd like his 'a Winter's Tale' for David Essex and 'I feel like Buddy Holly' for Alvin Startust to be entered into the plea smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more