A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The worst Song Ever - my vote

Post 501

murraygray

worst song is the cheeky song.

Post 502

AgProv2

Somebody is currently screwing up "Golden Brown"... if I were a Strangler I'd be reaching for my lawyers, or sending Jean-Jacques round to deliver a black-belt writ...

Post 503

Xanatic

Or strangle them...

Post 504

Powminator

"Brown Girl in the Ring".

The karaoke guy at my work plays this ti upset me. I hate it.

Post 505

Xanatic

You mean in the rain?
I saw Blender magazine has declared Barbie Girl by Aqua the 33rd worst song ever. I do wonder what those 32 songs that are worse could be.

Post 506

Powminator

Aqua redeemed themselves with the brilliant "Dr Jones" though! smiley - biggrin

Post 507

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

which of course was written by the Noddy, so couldn't go wrong, really.

the dutch version of Barbie Girl is worth a listern, for it amuses me

Post 508

boredlaura

You want my smiley - 2cents?

Angels by Robbie Williams. Not because it's a bad song, but it is soooo overplayed.

Post 509

spunkymanker

All good nominations, my personal most hated song is 'life' out about..erm 1995? ish i cant remember the womans name who sang it but it had terrible lyrics , such as " i would hate to see a ghost, thats the sight that i'd fear most, i'd rather have a piece of toast". You have to laugh i spose, but at her, not with her. bless.

smiley - erm

Post 510

The Groob

Desiree? Yes, the media used to really take the yellow stuff out of her for her lazy rhyming - straight out of a rhyming dictionary.

"Angels by Robbie Williams. Not because it's a bad song, but it is soooo overplayed"

You want *my* smiley - 2cents? I think it's a bad song.

Post 511

Medibot

Fairground - Simply Red

Life - Argh! Can't remember who it's by. The one with the lyrics 'I don't want to see a ghost, rather have a piece of toast'. Dreadful, dreadful song.

And anything by Franz Ferdinand. Or the Feeling, annoying twee gits.

Post 512

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Thw two songs which have annoyed me the most, and for the longest time, are "American Pie" by Don MacLean, and "Loser" by Beck. Argh!

Post 513

bluesue

There was a version of Tiptoe Through The Tulips by a revolting freak called Tiny Tim.It sounded as if he had been castrated,if he wasn't castrated, he should have been smiley - winkeye

Post 514

Medibot

Aw! Powminator 'Brown Girl in the Ring' is an awesome song! I saw Boney M live last year. Me and my friends were singing it for ages after!

Post 515

GrumpyAlembic {Keeper of 143, comfort zones and vacillations }

Long ago there was a song called 'Bimbo' realy yuk.

My parents named their dog after the song - really!!!

Post 516

paracelsus

Sing Little Birdie (Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnson)

(my parents loved it smiley - wah)

Post 517

AgProv2

I'm just old enough to remember the appalling porcine puppets Pinky and Perky on TV.

These marionette pigs cheerfully slaughtered the current pop hits of the middle 1960's in excruciating high-pitched voices.

Even the four-year old me thought this was distinctly cheesey.. (this was cutting-edge TV in 1968, folks! AND they recorded LP's...)

I had a distinct deja-vu on encountering "Alvin and the Chipmunks" on TV in the nineties.. those bloody bloody rodents were an animated pop group with a human manager and also slaughtered whatever they tried to sing. Appallingly saccharine...

Post 518

Then there is the truly blush worthy 'Birdie Song' which wasn't a song at all.

Post 519

AgProv2

In its correct context - Bavarian oomphah music - the Birdie Song is just about mangeable as a product of fat sweaty unsubtle beer-swilling Germans.

Unfortunately, the boxheads exported it to Spanish holiday resorts as something to listen to while they expanded lebensraum around the swimming pool and annexed the sunloungers, and that gave it an "international" push...

Post 520

If I may be so bold - I'm not sure that refering to Germans as 'boxheads' is in the spirit of Hootoo.

Key: Complain about this post