A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

What's just happened?.......

Post 45841

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Well now I've not got a thread, but i can feel hard done by by Lanza for injustly accusing me of such henious crimes

On another note, until now i hadn't realised you could have two "by"s next to each other

Post 45842

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

WJH?; Got back this afternoon from a long weekend at Williams smiley - blushsmiley - drool and just just now I had a shower... now contemplating food... probably pasta and salad... maybe with fish... maybe not.. smiley - ermsmiley - fish definately with cheese... smiley - cheese

Post 45843

Beatrice

WJH: just found a picutre of my daughter in teh local paper, and shared it on FB!

Post 45844

KB

Told you that one would be famous didn't I? smiley - biggrin

Post 45845

WJH? made dinner (chicken ceaser salad), put away things which were dry from making onion poppy seed bread (split tin loaf), earlier, washed up, cleaned worktops, oven, hob, microwave, fridge, sink, drainer, swept floor, mopped. emptied ash tray, left to soak, got 1966 modified Celestion mid-range speaker ash tray out. went to shop, bought coffee and cigarettes. Ground coffee, washed coffee bean tub. answered door to be confronted by a 'hello I'm your new neighbour', for the first time ever, by a rather articulate young man, slight what I thought to be American accent was a very slight Australian one. Was asked questions regarding spurious wiring in houses; explained as best I knew as g regards remains of ancient origional 'ceiling heating' system... smiley - weird
Realised that now that house has sold, we'll not have the constant set of aweful abnoxious rentees living there smiley - sighsmiley - magic also realised I'll be able to see how much it sold for, so as to get an idea what my castle is worth smiley - zensmiley - 2cents
Then got a phonecall. Meaning [email protected] off to the pub in about five or ten minutes smiley - zensmiley - ale

Post 45846

Smudger879n

Well, I made a start on clearing out our computer room (spare bedroom) which has been a glory hole for the past couple of years, and even found a bit of carpet,...its silversmiley - winkeye

Just spent the last few days clearing out the walk in cupboard in our bedroom, which has been another glory holesmiley - erm

Mk2 is the boss, and giving orders from her bed, and telling me what is staying and what's going, (I think Im on that listsmiley - laugh)

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 45847

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

I discovered a restaurant called Gauchos, i ate more fillet in one sitting that i had before - all in all i consider it a good night

smiley - drool

Post 45848

smiley - drool WJH? I procrastinated a little longer and therefore didn't pack my rucksack smiley - doh

Post 45849

KB

Heard the first fireworks of the season; that'll be it until a month after Halloween, now. smiley - laugh

Post 45850

WJH?:
Young ladies (I use the term in its broadest sense), screaming outside. police helicopter circling round. Young males shouting and breaking something. Police helicopter paid no attention whatsoever. Drug dealing from the useual place on the corner of the street also seemed to escape their attention... again smiley - groansmiley - weirdsmiley - bluelight
I packed my rucksack, well threw in a few clothes, will do all the other 'stuff', mainly bathroom/washing type things, in the morning, just in case I'm up early enough to shower and use them before I head off smiley - zensmiley - diva

and just just now I began contemplating weather to have toast or not... if I do, I'll have no bread out... but I could get a couple of rolls out of the freezer for the morning, but then I might not have a chance to eat them... guess they could always go into my 'goody' bag, of bits I'm taking with me... (fresh basil, cheddar, Austrian Smoked cheddar, fennel bulb and whatever else looks like it won't survive in the fridge unattended until the middle/end of the week ) smiley - dohsmiley - cheese
hmmm... maybe I should toast this last bit of baguette, just to use it up... smiley - zen

Post 45851

loonycat - run out of fizz

WJH? Very early ironing smiley - yawn and I found today's google doodle exciting smiley - geek

Post 45852

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Is the one 2nd to the left going to be got rid of early? smiley - winkeye

Post 45853

loonycat - run out of fizz

Ooh, I thought that was Uhura smiley - biggrin

Post 45854

KB

There's either a pretty cool firework display at the Proms up the road or the Martians have started bombarding Belfast! smiley - martianfrown

Either way it sounds wild atmospheric.

Post 45855

KB

WJH; Met the new boss. He seems cowed, timid and nervous.

I heartily approve. smiley - evilgrin

Post 45856

Then it is your duty, to do all you can, to ensure he is not put at his ease smiley - whistlesmiley - snork
I found it annoying in my last job that I had more degree qualifications than my immediate manager, and his* (departmental) manager, put together smiley - dohsmiley - grrsmiley - wah
WJH?: loud banging noises... maybe inside my house, maybe not... I'm hoping their inside the house, as it may indicate washers in taps being replaced by lodger, which offers up the possibility of having a decent shower today smiley - zensmiley - grovel

Post 45857

KB

He gathered us all together for a meeting...then all he could think of to say was what time we are meant to start and finish...a bit pointless, since we were the ones who told *him* that this morning. smiley - weirdsmiley - laugh

Post 45858

We used to have meetings too... Oh How I loved those meetings... oh how we all did smiley - groansmiley - tongueincheek
Boss, 'what we need to do is (explains project they've bid on and won contract for)'.
Boss, 'so how we going to do this?'
Us; 'You don't know? wasn't there a plan? isn't there a statement of our remit for the project?'
oops smiley - snorksmiley - weird

WJH?: Lodger just shouted 'Water! Water! turn the stopcock off'.
So I did.
the plot thickens, as the hot tap waters remain unflowing (with washer and tap put togehter at least...) smiley - ermsmiley - weird

Post 45859

Smudger879n

This thread reminds me of Facebook, which I pulled out some time ago now.
It started off all right, but then it got a bit silly, with just nonsense being posted up.smiley - erm

That along with being bombarded with Emails every time someone posted, all got annoying really?

I originally signed up to try and find my two long lost cousins, that I last saw about 40 years ago, but not having their married names, made it virtually impossible?

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 45860

Malabarista - now with added pony

Just sent off an application for a really cool job smiley - somersault

Key: Complain about this post