A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Music in Your Head

Post 21

Pink Paisley

I get this all the time. It's OK to start with but the same song gets stuck and goes on for hours and hours sometimes. Drives me mad and puts me right off the song for weeks. Usually Richard Thompson.

Found this too. I remembered that I had read this around the time that I had brain itch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4332771.stm

PP

Music in Your Head

Post 22

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

That is fascinating (I mean that, I'm not being facetious) - but I can't help wondering how much it cost to research - I'm sure there is a pertinant reason for doing this, but surely research into bowel cancer, for example, would be better?

Damn that article, I'm humming the Pink Panther theme now...

Da dum, da dum, da dumdy dumdy dum, da da - da dummmmm....etc...

(I can't believe I just sat and thought out how to spell that!)

Music in Your Head

Post 23

Pink Paisley

This morning it's Samba Pa Ti (Santana) and it's really getting on my nerves. I blame Marks and Sparks.

PP

Music in Your Head

Post 24

Cookiecate

Thank you its the Pink Panther now.

Music in Your Head

Post 25

A digression, sorry:

There is a nursing home I pass on my way to work.

It's name?

Well, not "Rose trees" or "Sunny View" or the other sort of traditional names you always get, but "The Pink Panther Rest Home".

That conjures up all sorts of images.

Last week, however, I took a closer look at the big sign outside, and reading further down I noticed that it is part of a chain - "An S&M Resthome"

Now THAT conjures up even more images!! smiley - handcuffs

Music in Your Head

Post 26

Kiwisap - Thrower of Bananas and Master of Pineapples

Natholie thank you for reminding me of las ketchup song, especially hat you wrote " i say a hey, aha, a hey etc..."

I forgot the song, now i start to hear it in my head

oh it is terrible smiley - wahsmiley - sadface

Music in Your Head

Post 27

Cookiecate

When I was nursing we used to say that people who had been very good all through their lives became wicked when they got older. People who had been naughty became good when they were older.

I hope that I am very bad when I get old and end up in the Pink Panther Nursing home learning all about S&M

My mind is boggling. smiley - musicalnotewill you still need me? will you still feed me? when I'm 65smiley - musicalnote

Music in Your Head

Post 28

grr

I know, it just randomly came to me, and now it won't leave me be!smiley - wah
Sorry, I've inflicted it on you too

Music in Your Head

Post 29

Ballynac

I get random songs in my head all the time, but the most prevalent is Elvis - I just Can't Help Believing

Unfortunately, Neil Diamond features in my head far too often.

Music in Your Head

Post 30

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

>Unfortunately, Neil Diamond features in my head far too often<

Are you mad??? There's nowt wrong with a bit of Neil Diamond smiley - senior

Music in Your Head

Post 31

I agree. The big toe on his left foot was fine.

"Love on the Rocks"? Well, it should have been! Sorry. Personal taste, I know, each to their own.

All together now, "...I'd much rather be, The Reverend Blue Jeans!"

Music in Your Head

Post 32

You've got me there smiley - winkeye

I have only one answer 'Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show' smiley - magic

Music in Your Head

Post 33

Baconlefeets

I've had The Shins lyrics 'unknown quotients, you must be using potions, how else could you tie my head to the sky' whizzing through my head for the last hour. It's not started to grate. Yet.

Music in Your Head

Post 34

Lonnwy

STILL got Mika, Grace Kelly!! smiley - headhurts

My friend started singing it this morning and now it's beginning to drive me nuts!! Make it stop!! smiley - grovel

L x smiley - rose

Music in Your Head

Post 35

Natalie

These all seem quite tolerable! I have two absolutely awful examples that ruin my life. smiley - sadface

1. 'Seven Seconds' - Neneh Cherry and Youssou N'Dour (esp. the bit in the middle where he sings 'Mmeeeeeheeeellion voy-cez'. smiley - sadface

2. 'Lucky You' - the Lightning Seeds. ARGH!!!! smiley - yikes

I love Elvis Costello but one of the few tracks of his I detest occupies my head regularly - 'The Other Side of Summer.'

The only song I *like* that gets stuck in my head is 'Planetary Sit-in' by Julian Cope. smiley - ok

Music in Your Head

Post 36

Winter - Formerly Plastic Rock Chick

I don't have any in my head due to the fact the stuff that was in my head is now blasting through the house!

Panic! At The Disco was stuck in my head. smiley - rofl Love 'em.

Music in Your Head

Post 37

Steve51

I don't know if it is just me, or it's a common occurrence with most humans, but I find certain sights, and sometimes conversations, will immediately trigger a song in my head....smiley - weird

smiley - cheers

Stephen

Music in Your Head

Post 38

Winter - Formerly Plastic Rock Chick

Its not you.

I can be none to hear the words "So long" and I will be sent into a rendition of a whole cd!

So its not you.

smiley - laughsmiley - ermsmiley - laugh
smiley - ermPRCsmiley - erm
smiley - laughsmiley - ermsmiley - laugh

Music in Your Head

Post 39

I only have to hear something that sounds vaguely like a song lyric to go into the whole song! smiley - laugh (and then I have to find it, if I've got it, to exorcise the beast.

Music in Your Head

Post 40

Lonnwy

There are certain songs I get reminded of, unfortunately the most usual is "Always look on the bright side of life", by Monty Python!! smiley - erm

Ah well, at least it's meant to cheer people up!! smiley - somersault

L x smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post