A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

The Most Boring and Banal thread on H2G2

Post 25661

hammondorgan

I mowed both the front and back lawns this morning. I do them fortnightly till the start of October. I find the edging quite satisfying actually. I used to use an electric strimmer but I've gone back to the long handled edging shears, much more aesthetically satisfying. Mind you I wouldn't swap my Flymo mower for hand shears, no way Jose!

Post 25662

ITIWBS

Watered my main flowerbed today, all planted to native wild vegetables, most people would think it a patch of weeds, but there's nothing in I didn't plant deliberately.

Post 25663

Saints 76

looked out of window.

Post 25664

ITIWBS

smiley - smileyThinking of looking out the front door.

Post 25665

hammondorgan

I went to a funeral today. So darned final aren't they?

Post 25666

ITIWBS

I did get around to looking out the front door the other day.

Nothing out of the ordinary to see, though.

Post 25667

hammondorgan

I got a Double Decker Easter egg, I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

Post 25668

Saints 76

just realised I can't look out the window. the curtains are closed.

Post 25669

hammondorgan

I bought some bargain plants at Waitrose, of course they're Spring flowering and they've gone over, so I won't see them till next year, but still, can't resist a bargain me.

Post 25670

ITIWBS

Quietly laying in a hospital bed recovering from surgery, watching 1960s Star Trek episodes, Dr. Who re-runs, Planet Earth episodes while getting caught up on my email.

Post 25671

hammondorgan

I just put some pork fat out for the Red Kites, they came down after about 10 minutes. The authorities tell us not to but the Kites don't seem to mind at all. Hope you're recovering well IT.

Post 25672

ITIWBS

smiley - evilgrin I've been watching an ongoing territorial dispute between four malllard drakes and a mallard hen vs 5 canada geese, yesterday, with two resident geese abstaining.

The geese ultimately gave it up, exiting with much honking flapping of the wing.

The Canada geese came back today with reinforcements, 3 mated pairs with 4 goslings each, goslings almost the size of the adult mallards, and cropped the grass to the ground.

The mallards seem to be getting the idea the area is spoken for.

Still, this seems to have been going on a while and I'm sure I won't see the end of their feuding,smiley - shrug

Post 25673

hammondorgan

Strangely enough I walked into Oxford along the Thames towpath yesterday, there's lots of Canada Geese around but there are several hybrids which look like a cross between the local white geese, they've got odd patches of typical Canada Geese markings, I'm no naturalist but I wonder if they do interbreed? Sorry I know this is approaching interesting but I'd like to know.

Post 25674

Icy North

Yes, hybrids involving ducks and geese are common. They're closely related.

Post 25675

hammondorgan

Looks like they've gone a bit further than just Goosing, typical North Americans, Overloud, oversexed and over here! I'm only joking!!!!! I really like Canada Geese, they do have to cull them here occasionally which is a real shame but they can strip a crop field in a few days and they make a right mess of the Thames meadows, but they're back in bigger numbers than ever in no time, they're tremendously resilient.

Post 25676

ITIWBS

Time to change my bandages.

Certainly want them to look neat and clean when seen by the nurse tomorrow.

Post 25677

hammondorgan

It's like giving your teeth an extra good scrub floss and mouthwash before you see the dentist. Get well soon.

Post 25678

Icy North

Yeah, get well soon! smiley - choc

Now thinking I should zap my eyes with a laser pen before I go see the ophthalmic surgeon.

Post 25679

hammondorgan

I watched soccer end to end all day yesterday, 4 games in all. I then went up to bed to listen to the big fight on the radio. Exhausting.

Post 25680

Malabarista - now with added pony

I just glued my broken Alt key back together. #alternativefacts

Key: Complain about this post