This is the Message Centre for Rita

Rita,

Post 1

paulie

I know I said some things that were not nice, but then so did you. I really wish you would not continue to be so mad at me though. We are both just human, and I am doing the best I can believe it or not. It hurts me to have you say I never cared about anything but my own interest when you know that is just not true. I may not be that great at keeping my temper in check, but who is. Tell me please, what can I do that I haven't been trying to do since you've known me to make you believe I am on your side?

I'm going to do an entry about Peltier and I want you to help me. I know we clash sometimes, I seem to do that with most people, but the point is not how well we can get along as individuals is it? The whole idea is to make some of the facts more widely known and hopefully intiate an effort to address them. We can do that can't we, and maybe get back to a more friendly relationship? I would really like that, and I am sorry for having offended you so deeply. It was never my intention to do that, and I know I've said that before. I haven't lied to you though Rita, and I haven't forgotten what I said I would do. You said you could see some hope not too long ago, has my outburst totally changed your mind about that?

Rita,

Post 2

Rita

One of the interesting things I find in dealing with white people like you is how easily offended you become. I wonder what terrible things indian people have done to you to merit such rage?

If what I say in expressing the injuries is so offensive, I suggest you stay away or stop bringing up the subject. It is not easy for many of us to discuss in any case. It is painful to recall what has been done and what people continue to do to dispossess us.

I don't forget things, ever.

There is an upside to that and a downside. You have undoubtedly witnessed the downside. I doubt I shall have occasion to demonstrate the upside because it isn't important at this point. I trust there's plenty of indian people who will become friendly with you and perhaps help you assuage whatever it is that vexes you. I regret I just don't have the time or the inclination.

Peltier will remain in jail as long as the FBI remains a force to contend with. If you truly want to help Peltier then, get rid of the FBI. They are a group of parasites in any case so you will benefit as much or more than Peltier or the Lakota people.

I shouldn't worry about offending me. I'm just a indian woman and of little consequence in your scheme of things. You have undoubtedly offended a number of us over the years perhaps without even thinking about it, so why start now? Justice will come soon enough but there's really nothing you can do to foster it.

Whatever happens will happen because of regret. There is no respect and never has been.

The white jaguar doesn't lose his spots and become a cute and cuddly, white kitty. The spots just become faded and difficult to perceive in his coat. He remains very much a jaguar more than capable of devouring those he will not tolerate. In the end he will starve after he has devoured all and everything. Then we will return to our earth and sky, picking up the last red arrows left by the last woman and begin anew.

For that we don't need any assistance.

Take care and good luck in your life. May you prosper in the things you deserve and possess what you need to survive. I wish you no ill personally. I simply can't abide your society and do not desire its company.

Good day and good luck.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rita

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more