This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Asepsis

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

my next practical assignment is tomorrow on Asepsis smiley - erm
so I need to demonstrate the proper technique for aseptically cleaning and redressing a wound (simulated wounds not real ones) including how to make up a dressing trolley and maintain a sterile field smiley - magicsmiley - nursesmiley - cheerup

Ephraim has started his new school and is enjoying it i think... smiley - prof although its early days still and now we're about to have two weeks off for the easter holidays

I have my first year exams coming up soon which includes a numeracy assignment, a group presentation on health promotion and a written exam on the basics of learning disability nursing including the mental health act and deprivation of liberty safeguards (dols) so that should be fun...

and I start my next 12 week placement soon which is a community nursing placement smiley - nurse so that should be interesting but I think I am going to have to take up at least one if not more spoke placements to meet all of my competencies for this year smiley - nursesmiley - doctorsmiley - nurse

I hope your all going to have a nice easter I need to fill in my forms for funding for next year soon and study... yes I need to study... ooh is that a jellyfish... smiley - run

smiley - nursesmiley - doctor Anthea

Asepsis

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley coolio smiley - smiley

and remember "sharp sting or sting" smiley - laugh

Asepsis

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeye"maintain a sterile field" is that one with no cows in it ?

Asepsis

Post 4

Peanut

Hello Anthea

Good luck in your assessments and exams smiley - goodluck

Sound busy but good. Glad to hear Ephraim is settled into his new school, is this juniors?

I enjoyed the community stint, many moons ago, very varied and some interesting characters, for the first half was out with the district nurse, for the second in a little community hospital, guess that really dates me as there is not so many of those around.

Will it be your first stint out the field, or have your worked in other settings?

smiley - choc to help you get through the paperwork

smiley - hug

Asepsis

Post 5

my first stint on the job as it were was in a school quite interesting but not entierly nursey... smiley - erm ended up doing lots of teaching assistant things

Ephraim will be in juniors after summer (same school though...) we had to change his school due to differing opinions between us and the headmaster

Asepsis

Post 6

Peanut

How did your practical go?

Were the simulated wounds life -like, Hiccup did a practical assessment in crime scene and said the fake body on the roof was more realistic than she expected, being on the roof was also unexpected, but a bit of bonus excitement for her, she doesn't have a problem with heights and really quite enjoys them.

Asepsis

Post 7

simulated wounds are not particularly realistic but we had to do a whole role play situation where we introduce ourselves to the patient (dummy) and talk them through the procedure and gain there permission to proceed... smiley - erm which is rather odd in a simulated situation I'm sure it wouldn't be as odd with a real person

Asepsis

Post 8

Peanut

I would have it very odd talking to the dummy smiley - erm and a quite bit awkward smiley - weird

Asepsis

Post 9

smiley - laugh yes it was quite awkward I wonder if i could have claimed that he refused to consent and left...

Asepsis

Post 10

Peanut

hello Anthea hope you have been enjoying the long weekend, smiley - hug

Asepsis

Post 11

yes although i did have a short stint of looking for that book on calculations questions that i picked up to try and revise/study for the numeracy exam... I feel slightly sick of chocolate already and I only bought myself one egg and havn't finished it... smiley - sadfacesmiley - laugh
I hope you've had a good Easter weekend peanut

Key: Complain about this post