A Conversation for Brunel Ambivalence Colloquim - Why Your Personal Space Appears Upside Down in This Skin

Isambard is Turning in his Grave

Post 1

BrentL

UGLY. That's the only thing I dislike about it.

The colours are all horrid (OK, I know that's a matter of taste, but the light text on dark background is actually hard to read - remember MS-DOS?)

And then there's that horrid Tahoma font...

Post 2

Nireena

I like the Tahoma font; I think it's clean and easy to read. But I agree that the Brunel color scheme is otherwise- well, horrid. Alabaster is easier to read for long stretches of time. Also the layout in Brunel is very blocky and cluttered.

I generally prefer Goo when I'm logged in, even if that skin takes forever to load, but then I have a preference for blue.

smiley - star

Post 3

Deidzoeb

Funny. I have no real problem with the color or font choices. Even the new layout doesn't bother me artistically. I just dislike that it seems too wide sometime (creating a scrollbar across the bottom of my screen, unlike the earlier skins), and because some of the choices seem wrong or redundant. Like the words "GUIDE ENTRY" at the top of guide entries.

Post 4

BrentL

I prefer Verdana to Tahoma, but that perhaps, is a religious question...

What really upsets me about Brunel is the acres of dark background, plus, maybe, the type is a little too big (easy to read, yes, but takes up too much space).

Could it be that the original designer of Brunel has a huge monitor with many more pixels than mine ( a humble 1024*768 )???

Post 5

Bright Blue Shorts

I only accidently found out about Brunel when I logged into H2G2 from my work PC. Previously I'd been using alabaster at home.

What I especially like is that it is quick loading, brilliant for those of us still stuck at 42.6 Kbps.

As for the colours aren't they the choice of IKB and the GWR?

What's the H2G2 history of this new skin?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Brunel Ambivalence Colloquim - Why Your Personal Space Appears Upside Down in This Skin

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more