This is the Message Centre for Anonymouse

Update

Post 1

Anonymouse

My, my! I get around here often, don't I?

To cut things a lot shorter than that last one: Probate for Dad didn't get finished until May of last year (2008). I got ripped off on the farm in more ways than one (starting when the place was ransacked and destroyed -- a long story in and of itself). We didn't get a chance to move.

We were forced to send my granddaughter to public school because we were supposedly neglecting her education (though they never have explained why she has never got less than a C (and only about 2 of them), started out in reading/spelling with A's (and has kept it up), and has been on the Merit Roll every quarter in the last 3 years). Even though she's in 'school' I'm still doing the teaching, as she hasn't had the brightest of teachers. The only thing sending her to school has done is give me less time to teach her.

Life goes on, or so they say.

Update

Post 2

msmonsy

Can't believe they made you send her to public school! Though really, they probably did it to get more of those government funds...they get so much money for each student they have enrolled and attending. They could give a rip less about what the kid learns...and the no child left behind thing makes it even worse...yours is forced to sit bored and not learning what they need to because someone else's doesn't want to take the time to figure it out or needs to be in a different class than the rest.
Don't get me started on public schools! If I had any that were school age now I'd be %100 for teaching them myself...that way I'd at least know they were learning something.
Btw...hello over there smiley - smiley
Sounds like you've had a couple of head banging situations on your end.
Monsy

Update

Post 3

Anonymouse

Oh, I could go on for hours about public 'school' ... in fact, I often do. smiley - winkeye I had _so_ many reasons on so many levels for not wanting her near a school until she was college-age. And now with this lead-in-book thing... kinda makes you wonder if schools will be affected. Maybe they'll have to send her home? No, not likely. smiley - sigh

The money is part of the reason... the other part is power.

smiley - mouse

Update

Post 4

msmonsy

Exactly...they can't stand the thought that someone might actually be teaching their kids facts instead of just the bits-n-bobs they want them to know and then twisted the way they want them shown...
I've a friend that has kids in public school at the moment, hers is smart as a whip but she is bored to tears because the class has to be at a stand-still until everyone is caught up...of course there are several I've seen in higher grades that I am sure are only there because the school system didn't want to be seen as 'picking' on them or lose any funding they might get for moving them up...

Update

Post 5

Anonymouse

So now she's in middle school (6-8) and still only missed Merit Roll one quarter -- when she was on the Honor Roll instead. smiley - winkeye

Update

Post 6

Anonymouse

Update: Make that two quarters. She's on Honor Roll again! smiley - biggrin

Pround Gramma smiley - mouse

Update

Post 7

Anonymouse

And proud, too. Proundsmiley - huh

Update

Post 8

msmonsy

Pppsttt....got any cheese?smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Anonymouse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more