A Conversation for Gilroy Garlic Festival Meet

California, here I come...

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Post 2

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

You guys are talking about something that is going happen NEXT YEAR???

Im not sure I do next week smiley - erm

Of course, a transatlantic flight can actually cost quite a bit less than flights within europe like MAN --> BEG for instance smiley - whistle.

If I have read correctly, and you are indeed talking about next year, then you could _maybe_ put me down as someone who would love to go at least, but who isnt sure if he will have money to do so - there are a few RL mates of mine I keep on swearing I am going to go visit in america sometime, and seeing as they are east(ish) it isnt entirely inconcievable that I might make it smiley - shrug

A man can dream cant he?

Post 3

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

smiley - doh And when men can dream sometimes they dream in mirror images, so that sometimes California appears to be on the east coast, and sometimes Arizona is east(ish)... actually, I was just looking at my dream map from deep below the earths crust, and it all got inverted...
no, I'm just a ...

west(ish)

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - biggrin

You're on there!

smiley - hug

Post 5

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

smiley - erm
I like garlic!!! hehe...
Not ready to even remotely begin considering it seriously, but I'm interested and I want to keep up-to-date on the goings-on so...
smiley - biggrin

smiley - blacksheep

Post 6

Me, Myself, I, The Old Coot In My Closet, And The Incomparable Id [Call me "Id" for short.]

Well, you all know I'd love to go. I'll start lobbying with the folks. (But I do have to admit to praying for a trip to Japan with my school friends, so I dunno . . . you can list me as a very shaky maybe.)

Meanwhile, have a smiley - towel and a smiley - spork and be happy!

smiley - biggrin
Id

Post 7

smiley - ok

"I really wanna..."

Post 8

deackie

You can put me down as 'dreaming' smiley - rainbowsmiley - zen

"I really wanna..."

Post 9

smiley - ok

Funny though... The only Californians signed up so far are peter and I... (and I really should get around to letting Tom know, but I don't think I'll bother until it's a *wee* bit closersmiley - winkeye)

"I really wanna..."

Post 10

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

smiley - laugh
*Imagines Amy leaving for the meet: "Oh, and by the way Tom, I'm going to meet with those nutcase people from H2G2 again, have a nice day." Tom, of course, is speechless; in a few hours he'll understand exactly what that means. smiley - yikes*
smiley - winkeyesmiley - angel

"I really wanna..."

Post 11

I meant more like a month or so beforehand at the latestsmiley - tongueout

"I really wanna..."

Post 12

sure ya did...smiley - winkeye
they need a smiley
(smiley - laugh+smiley - silly)
hmm...
(smiley - silly+smiley - blacksheep)
smiley - winkeye

"I really wanna..."

Post 13

If I said anything *now* I'd get roughly the same reaction that vopoet gave in his first post...

"I really wanna..."

Post 14

smiley - laugh

"I really wanna..."

Post 15

Bagpuss

Okay, after some nagging, I've decided you can sign me up on the condition that the first and at least on of the other conditions below are satisfied:

1. Nothing else I need or really want to do happens at the same time.
2. I happen to be in the area at the time.
3. I have somehow become very rich by then.

"I really wanna..."

Post 16

smiley - laugh

Fair enoughsmiley - smiley

"I really wanna..."

Post 17

"I really wanna..."

Post 18

soeasilyamused, or sea

eeeeeeeenteresting... smiley - biggrin

sadly, i can't get the garlic festival page to load. *sniff*

"I really wanna..."

Post 19

All the info's for the one just past, anyway... but I'd been having trouble with it too... Maybe I should link to something other than the intro...

So are you 'official' sea?

"I really wanna..."

Post 20

soeasilyamused, or sea

it would be HORRIBLE if everyone was having a meet in CA and i didn't go! count me in! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more