This is the Message Centre for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Blocked!!

Post 1

clzoomer- a bit woobly

My work has blocked this site completely on the computer I use there. Since I am the only one there to access Hootoo I have to believe it's personal. That and a few other things that have happened in the last six months would indicate they are trying to convince me to retire. Or they would rather feces can me and save some money. I live in interesting times.

So it goes.

Blocked!!

Post 2

anhaga

smiley - erm

Blocked!!

Post 3

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

What you say may be true - I don't know your situation - but blocking lists are generally supplied by third parties (aren't aren't necessarily logical).

Blocked!!

Post 4

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Well, here I am at work and it isn't blocked! My paranoia appears to be unjustified but for the entire day yesterday this was the only site in my 'favs' that couldn't be opened here.

Ed, our IT intranet is for the entire country, we have offices in every major city and it is a very secure system. All gaming sites are blocked, for instance.

I'm still going to look over my shoulder regularly but I'm not quite at the tin foil hat stage. smiley - biggrin

Blocked!!

Post 5

Yup. Such big intranets use third party blocking.

Blocked!!

Post 6

clzoomer- a bit woobly

So, do they go to the site they want to block and ask them? Odd.

Blocked!!

Post 7

Nope. Imagine a long list of urls, categorised by content...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for clzoomer- a bit woobly

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more