smiley - winkeye

I am not a number!

Post 3

anhaga

I wish my U number were a T number. THX-1138 for example.smiley - smiley

I am not a number!

Post 4

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

So was your misdemeanour? A sweary word? Or did you advocate hitting children with blunt instruments?

I am not a number!

Post 5

taliesin

Probably something about listening to certain Procol Harum tunes

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - sillysmiley - drunk

I am not a number!

Post 6

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

We want... information.

Information.

I am not a number!

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

"THX-1138 for example."
I wonder how many modern day geeks are aware of such films?
I only know about that one and a couple of others cos of late night cult film programs on telly in my youth but there doesn't seem to be any venue for showing such things.

I am not a number!

Post 8

clzoomer- a bit woobly

It was the *tag* after my name.

"The sp*rtos, the m*torheads, g*eks, sl*ts, bl*ods, wast*ids, dw*ebies, d*ckheads - they all ad*re him. They th*nk he's a r*ghteous d*de."

A quote from one of my favourite films.

(I redacted every word that may have upset the Mods)

What is redaction, anyway? Why can't we say censored any more? smiley - huh

I am not a number!

Post 9

taliesin

>>...but there doesn't seem to be any venue for showing such things<<

A surprising number of films of this sort are available to download, if one knows where to look.. smiley - winkeye

I am not a number!

Post 10

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

There are places that show cult films but they're few and far between. You're most likely to see them on television or if you rent the DVD because they don't make enough money for a cinema to show them all the time. I used to stay in almost every Sunday night to watch Moviedrome on BBC2, with Alex Cox. It introduced me to films and types of films I didn't even knew existed, and several of them are still in my top 10 favourite films.

I am not a number!

Post 11

IctoanAWEWawi

"I used to stay in almost every Sunday night to watch Moviedrome on BBC2, with Alex Cox"

Me too, that's exactly what I was referring too! I even once encountered the man himself on a train, although didn't have the courage to say anything!

I am not a number!

Post 12

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I was lucky enough to have a small local television station that played nothing but quirky films on Sunday nights. Sunday afternoons it was *Sunday British Theatre* which ran through all the *Carry On*, *St. Trinians* and Rank Films over those rainy winter weekends. Then came uni and endless film festivals with shorts like *Bambi vs Godzilla* and *Neighbours*. Followed by the move to the big city and NFB at the Pacific Cinematheque http://www.cinematheque.bc.ca/ and media courses that included Film Appreciation and one film a week that the sudents picked by vote.

I think there are still lots of underground or small venues where the classics are still available, they just have to be sought out.

Key: Complain about this post