A Conversation for Southampton FC

Peer Review: A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 1

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Entry: Southampton FC - A806762
Author: UnC13 H3avy0R (133t) (aNaRcy 4 eVa! D00D) - U129295

there we go. one of the wonders of the modern world, this. (the club, not the entry)

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 2

GreyDesk

You're going to have to change the first sentence what with Pompey being in the Premiership smiley - sadface

Or alternatively, you could take this out of Peer Review until the end of May next year, when the statement will again ring true smiley - smiley

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 3

Uncle Heavy [sic]

oh. i wrote that ages ago. this article is over a year old smiley - winkeye

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 4

GreyDesk

Yeah I know that - about to celebrate its first birthday isn't it? - but when it hits the Front Page it will have that day's date on it. And as such you are just *bound* to get some Pompey fan turn up and complain about it smiley - erm

Oh, and I suppose I ought to go back and read a bit more than just the first paragraph if I'm going to do my Scout duty properly...

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 5

Uncle Heavy [sic]

yes. its a great read. who wouldnt want to know about saints smiley - winkeye

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 6

Number Six

I don't know, I'm not sure Í can be bothered to find out about inconsequential football teams smiley - winkeye Seriously, I've always had a bit of a soft sport for the Saints.

Now for a spot of going through the entry...

smiley - football I always have the feeling that 'at the time of writing' is always asking for the future to come and slap you in the face... any way around it?

smiley - football Have they *always* played in a red and white striped strip? I've no idea - but if they have, tell us - if they haven't, tell us when they adopted it.

smiley - football The Early Years bit could do with a little spicing up, I reckon - it's a big block of text right now that's long on facts and short on entertainment... what would you think about splitting it up a bit and chucking a few more names in there?

smiley - football The nineties were a somewhat less successful period for the club - yes, but tell us why! Who's responsible?

smiley - football If you're mentioning being ManUre's bogey team, how about a shout for Ferguson's grey shirts excuse? There can't be many teams that have made one of football's largest corporations abandon an entire product line...

smiley - football FAMOUS SAINTS - A few coupla typos in here... Veneables > Venables, Gasgoine > Gascoigne.

smiley - football The Mick Channon bit could also do with a little bit extra - at the moment it's a bit stat-heavy - you could mention his famous windmilling arm goalscoring celebration, the fact he was Keegan's England room-mate, or that he's one of a very limited number of footballers to have made himself another career outside the game, as a very successful racehorse trainer.

smiley - football "All statistics accurate to August 2003." - why not omit that part and let <./>Feedback-Editorial</.> know when anything changes once this is in the EG?

smiley - football The Brazilian Connection - Just one more typo - Rivelinho > Rivelino

smiley - football Final thought - might the club stats section be better-placed somewhere else? Up to you.

smiley - cheers

smiley - modsmiley - footballsmiley - geek

smiley - mod

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 7

emlar

smiley - ok seems mostly alright to me, was just thinking, could you add a bit more about their ground? And i was concerned about the Sub-Header 'The Recent Years' because they wont stay recent for too long.

smiley - silly

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 8

Uncle Heavy [sic]

yep, i can mention the grounds, and i may also mention the chants. we have more than any other league club

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 9

McKay The Disorganised

Yes, manys the time I've sat bemused as Coventry and Southampton fans stood shouting "Your going down !" at each other.

Surely MacNemenememinemeny deserves a mention ?

smiley - football

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 10

Number Six

Go for it on both fronts! smiley - ok

smiley - mod

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 11

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Let us know when you've made the amendments, UH.

There are some typos, eg 'gorund' > ground

and some stuff needing capitals, like brazilian > Brazilian (there are a few such in the entry.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 12

Ashley

UH,

Time to get your bum into gear - that's two entries that have been scouted now smiley - winkeye

Let me know when it's ready, my friend.

Ashley

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 13

Number Six

Blimey, at least fourteen points raised on the thread to consider - you've certainly got your work cut out, Unc!

smiley - mod

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 14

Uncle Heavy [sic]

ok, um, aside from pointing out the obvious, viz. that i am the man, i would have to beg your forgiveness for my tardiness. went to the leeds festival. am at a friends house. i stink. but i will do the rest sooner or later

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 15

Secretly Not Here Any More

Have you pointed out that LeTiss has a bar near the new ground named after him? Btw, St Mary's is one of the best away grounds I've been to.

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 16

Oberon2001 (Scout)

*Poke* Hey Unc. This finished?
Oberon2001

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 17

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i need some more club facts to go into the nascent club fact section. anyone have any ideas? smiley - smiley

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 18

Cyzaki

If nobody has any ideas for the 'club facts' section maybe it should be removed?

smiley - panda

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 19

GreyDesk

Now this is case where you *can* get your prodding stick out and start prodding Unc smiley - bigeyes

A806762 - Southampton FC

Post 20

emlar

*joins in with proding* mweeheehee! funess!!

smiley - silly

Key: Complain about this post