A Conversation for Talking Point: Modern Deadly Sins

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 1

shellocke

I think that modern life encourages and expects us to commit sin - TV's, cars and computers being objects of desire and greed rather than neccessities.
One of my friends calls herself a 'wannabe' with the emphasis on 'wannabe rich.' To maintain her lifestyle she uses credit cards like its her money and didn't think twice about putting a non essential sunshine holiday on a card she couldn't pay! Problem is this is all too common today, we expect to live lifestyles which are beyond our financial capabilities - credit cards should be added to the list of sins!

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 2

NPY

True. Every other ad on tv is for debt consolidation while the rest are for loans and "buy now pay next year" sofas, etc.

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 3

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

its known as usury

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 4

NPY

Knew there was a name for it.

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 5

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

I find it laughable that when I applied for a mortgage, the bank very carefully studied my finances, then announced how much I could afford. I duly arranged the mortgage, and bought my house.

The first mail I received on my new doormat was -

An offer for a £10,000 loan from the bank, payable over 25 years... smiley - erm

Wannabe Sinful?

Post 6

NPY

Yeah. Once they get you.....like you didn't already owe them enough money.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more