Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: Harry Secombe - Entertainer and Goon - A800614
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

<BB<

A800614 - Harry Secombe - Entertainer and Goon

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

This Entry will fill an important gap in the Edited Guide - thank you for writing it smiley - ok

"More?!?!?!?!?" - smiley - laugh Well transcribed - I can hear Harry Secombe saying that indeed!

Just a few bits that perhaps need clarifying. Was it in London that The Goon Show was recorded, hence the 'mad dash' from Blackpool?

Was 'Pickwick' an existing play that Harry Secombe persuaded Leslie Bricusse and Cyril Ornadel to turn into a musical film, or did they write it themselves?

What's the 'God Slot'? I remember Highway, but didn't really know what it was about as it tended to just be on the TV in the background while I was busy doing homework.

Excellent smiley - ok

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for the read through, I've added a bit more to clarify those points such as a but more on Pickwick and also a smiley - footprintssmiley - musicalnote on the God Slot.

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Can I just double-check the last bit, please? "Sir Harry Secombe announced his retirement in September 1999. He will be sorely missed. Spike Milligan, when he heard of Secombe's death on 11 April, 2001, said, 'I'm glad he died before me, because I didn't want him to sing at my funeral'." - Spike Milligan joked I presume, as they hadn't fallen out with each other?

Post 5

Bluebottle

That's a good point, I've tweaked the end paragraph to make it clear that Spike was joking (but Secombe got the last laugh) smiley - winkeye.

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Aha - excellent smiley - ok

Congratulations! smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more