This is the Message Centre for Reality Manipulator

Recipe Book

Post 1

litefoot

Hello Rosa, You don't know me as I am new to the forum. For a while now I have been searching the Internet for a particular piece of information, and I stumbled upon some of your forum posts which lead me to believe you might know the answer to a question! (in fact that's why I've joined the forum). My Mum owns a very old recipe book from the 1970s/80s. The book is in very poor condition, so much so that it doesn't have the front cover, the back cover, or any of the title pages. So I don't know the title, or the ISBN number, or the year of publication. Mum has asked me to find a better copy of the book - one that isn't falling apart - but that is difficult as I don't know what I'm searching for. So, I have been Googling some of the recipe lists to see if anyone has posted them online, that might allow me to identify the book. This morning, while doing a search, I came across this set of posts from you in 2004, listing 18 'Appetiser' dishes: https://h2g2.com/entry/A1017028/conversation/view/F120445/T372225/page/3 All 18 dishes that you list are the *EXACT* same ones in the Appetisers section of my Mum's cookbook, which suggests that you *might* have this book and be able to identify it for me! Some of the other menus you list on this page are identical too - the 'dips and dunks' and 'Hors-d'Oeuvres' section for example. If you can tell me the title and ISBN, I can find a copy on Amazon Marketplace or any of the other second-hand markets - there are bound to be a few listed. To help further I have uploaded some photos of my Mum's recipe book: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39408774@N05/albums/72157665247100348 I know 2004 is a long time ago but I'm hoping you can help! Thanks Andrew

Recipe Book

Post 2

Reality Manipulator

Hello Andrew,

I am sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your interest. Here is the full details of the recipe book:
The Dairy Book of Home Cookery by Sonia Allison - Revised Edition
Published by the Milk Marketing Board
ISBN 0 900543 41 8

Recipe Book

Post 3

litefoot

Rosa, you have cracked it!!! Thanks very much. The Internet is a wonderful thing!!!!

Using the info you gave me, I was able to work out that our edition is from 1968 (yours is 1978 I think) so I will try and track a copy down!

Failing that, I can get the 1978 edition. There's also 1986, 1995 and 2012 editions too, so plenty of options. Thanks again!!!

Andrew

Recipe Book

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Thank you Andrew, you are very welcome.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Reality Manipulator

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more