This is the Message Centre for Reality Manipulator

NaJoPoMo Winter Holiday Season Mayhem

Post 1

Reality Manipulator

This the time of year that I dread the most, as I seem never to be prepared enough. I always worry that I have that my presents won't get there on time or be liked. Wrapping up presents is a nightmare as I cannot cut paper straight even with a ruler. This year I have managed to post my Christmas cards abroad in plenty of time and I have plucked up the courage to shop online for gifts. I wonder if anyone like me finds piped Muzak annoying as when I ever especially listen to it, (especially Christmas themed songs) which play in a continuous loop in my head for hours on end.

I am quite fastidious about mince pies and I prefer the mini ones with varied toppings of dried fruit, nuts and other types of toppings. The supermarket that I usually sell them does not sell it any more. Last year when I went to the store in late November all of the mini mince pies were sold out which seems strange that they should stop supplying a popular make of mince pies. So I have a choice of two supermarkets to get them one a two bus ride away and the other one bus ride away. I just hope that they don't sell out.

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Most years I never really do get around to sending Christmas cards.

Mince pies? At first thought that you made them and sold them to supermarkets. Then it sounded as if you bought them there. Which is the case?

I make a fair amount of holiday breads and cakes, but mince is too complicated. I have home-grown squashes on hand to bake with this year, and I always keep things like apples, cranberries, raisins, and nuts on hand.

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

You have very precisely described why I don't do Christmas, Rosa Baggins smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 4

If the afterlife has a section reserved for punishing people, you will surely go to Christmasland, Pierce. smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

Paul I buy the mince pies from the supermarket, I made them myself but that was years ago when I lived with my parents. My tastes have changed a lot and now I prefer the smaller mine pies as the bigger ones are too rich. For the base of my mince pies were made from brown bread and the filling was made from a jar of candied mixed fruit (mince) which sometimes I add brandy to the mince. My mother usually made the large plate sweet mince pies and it was a joint effort in making the Christmas puddings and cakes and Dundee cakes.

Pierce, I do not enjoy Christmas like I did as a child living in Ashington in the 60's as the only thing I remember about my child Christmases was the weather, which was a perfect, frosty weather for the first half of winter and snow for the other half.

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 7

bobstafford

Ashington? North or south UK

smiley - smiley

Post 8

Reality Manipulator

Ashington is in the North East of England a few miles east of Morpeth which is the market town of SE Northumberland.

Post 9

bobstafford

I know of that Ashington its mentioned on the Archaeology UK site busiest period is the Roman era

Post 10

You can hop on a bus in Ashington and go to Hadrian's Wall.
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Hadrian-s-Wall/Ashington-Bus-Station-Netto

Post 11

bobstafford

Good day out
Interesting information on the map bus twice as long in travel time and twice the cost of a carsmiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post