A Conversation for Pudding

Pudding

Post 1

parlau

Just thinking of say spotted dick is making me home sick already. I cant stand black pudding though (made with blood and fat!).

AG

Pudding

Post 2

Ginger The Feisty

In my life I have found it best to stay away from all forms of spotted dick!

Reminds me too much of school dinners. Treacle pudding though was great!

Pudding

Post 3

Sphere FXGN

Good Job, Evan, love that Blood Pudding, yum!

Pudding

Post 4

parlau

School Dinners!
I endured them for 11 years and look what it did for me.....wibble, wibble.

AG

What Pudding?

Post 5

Moose (Researcher 32986)

Is blood pudding the same as black pudding?? Black pudding fits the description you gave to blood pudding but I dread to think of anyone actually eating black pudding as an actual pudding..... it is a pudding in name only and should be eaten for breakfast.

(Incase of regional differences I should point-out I'm from Birmingham in the UK.)

What Pudding?

Post 6

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Black pud to you and me bro'. It's usually only squishy, when it's quezzed from a pig though, isn't it?

What Pudding?

Post 7

Sine

You are seriously twisted.

Does this warrant an entry update? I'll make one f'ya want.

What Pudding?

Post 8

Just kidding, brother. Good article.

What Pudding?

Post 9

Sine

Further proof that we Yankees have American flags up our butts.

What Pudding?

Post 10

Not sure I undestand that. But if your'e referring to the stereotypical never-say-die patriotism, well sir, I'll take my cap off for that.

Getting back to your comment regarding an update: Volumes could be written about blood/black pudding alone. Considering that it's basically scab-in-a-bag, it's eaten practically everywhere in one form or another.

What Pudding?

Post 11

parlau

Butts?
Is that not where one practices shooting?

AG

What Pudding?

Post 12

parlau

Black pudding is that dark red with white bits stuff in a tube. You cut thick slices off to fry for breakfast. Along with bread, bacon, eggs etc etc.
And a mug of tea.

AG

What Pudding?

Post 13

Ah, you've given my memory bag a jiggle! I'd quite forgotten about the red kind. In the midlands, at least when I worralad, black puds were boiled. Sliced and fried was something rumoured to take place in Scotland.

What Pudding?

Post 14

Inquis

I have never boiled a black pudding, I've always fried it... my dad used to do the same with Spotted Dick: he'd fry it the morning after. I think that pudding is actually a meal, certainly one that should be consumed at every possible opportunity. Spotted Dick is the obvious one, but I think my personal favourite is either Jam Roly Poly, or pineapple upside down pudding.
Maybe the black pudding frying thing's actually a southern thing, because I'm from Surrey (boo! hiss!) and I've never had it any other way.

What Pudding?

Post 15

Ginger The Feisty

I haven't had pinapple upside down pudding for years! I think I'm going to have to go and make one - my mouth is watering!

What Pudding?

Post 16

Jam Roly-poly... and custard. mmmmm!

What's that film... with Donald Pleasance and Denholm Eliot... and Tom Conti... "Deep Cover", I think. If there were ever to be a pudding highlight reel, Donald pleasance waxing eloquent about Jam Roly-poly and custard would definately be on it.

You haven't tried Ludderp if you think pudding is good

Post 17

Articunox

Ludderp is black squash (even if you haven't heard of black squash, it exists) mixted with yummy bacon bits
which makes your mouth nice and TARTY!!!!!!!

Post 18

Sounds yummy. Is that a Dutch dish? Is the pulp of the squash black or just the outside?

Post 19

Articunox

The inside is black, it can also taste like chocolate if you have a keg of beer with it!

Post 20

mrs. slartibartfast

it had been my experience that anything will taste like chocolate. when enough beer is consumed. also note that if enough beer is drunk this person might have the gumption to actually eat blood pudding. but i shall stick to jello i think. thank you and hello mr.cosby.

Key: Complain about this post