A Conversation for Waxing a Cheese

Re-waxing

Post 1

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

If you rarely eat cheese, and can't be bothered to go to the shops each time you crave the stuff, could you re-wax your cheese after each consumption? smiley - biggrin

Re-waxing

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I don't see why not. Are you talking about a whole cheese, or just a piece you bought in a shop?

Re-waxing

Post 3

garbled

I know this is a little off subject but NAITA's question reminded me. I rarely eat jam and usually find that my almost full jar has grown a little mould when I come to use it for the second time. Is it possible to wax jam (smiley - weird)? Or does any kind person have a suggestion on how to Save My Jam? smiley - biggrin

Re-waxing

Post 4

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

I was talking about a piece I bought in the shop, and I think waxing and re-waxing it would probably be more expensive than just buying a new piece when the old one gets moldy. smiley - winkeye

This probably applies to garbled as well. You can wax jam, but it might not be worth the trouble. You probably need to heat the jam up to the melting point of your wax to get an even seal. I seem to remember my mom doing this for home-made jam as an alternative to hermetically sealed jars.

What definitelly works though is portioning stuff and freezing it. This might not work for everything, but it works for jam. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more