This is the Message Centre for Ancient Brit

Pre-moderation

Post 1

Chris Morris

Hello AB,
I've been following your POV adventures with interest recently (I haven't commented on any of the threads as it seems to be something that will be easily and quickly sorted with everyone having learned something, so it's no bad thingsmiley - biggrin).

Meanwhile, after two years, I decided I was bored with my personal space and started changing it only to find a message saying that the space was hidden as I was on pre-mod! Now, I know I'm not as I haven't had any e-mail so I'm assuming it's an automatic response to someone posting a web link in their space(?)

I'm posting this to see if it gets hidden or comes up immediately, but I also wanted to say hello as it's a long time since we chatted (those long lost happy days of BotF!!)

Anyway...fingers crossed...smiley - cheers

Chris

Pre-moderation

Post 2

Ancient Brit

Thanks Chris and a belated Happy New Year to you. smiley - cracker
I am having a spot of bother lately and am glad to recieve an understanding message.
I feel sure that at the end of the day common sense will prevail, but I have sailed pretty close to the wind in pursuit of my rant. smiley - ok We'll see.
Talking about BotF is quite strange really. I am in trouble because I posted to a POV members space when she didn't have one. This may be a little clearer if you read this - F94020?thread=577391&post=6513529#p6513529
The reason I say it is strange is that in the days of BotF I chased Tommy Mac all over the place trying to tell him that there was more to DNA sites than BotF.( F111306?thread=246247 ) He eventually made quite a name for himself in WW2 but seems to have gone without trace. Have you any news of him.
My problem with Wendy is almost the same. Saw a post she made and tried to contact her. From there on it's a long story.
Keep your eye on the saga. Join in if you have a P.O.V. smiley - biggrin
Click on any of my conversations with a POV reference. Join in if you want but be careful they are on a tight moderation lynch.

Pre-moderation

Post 3

Chris Morris

smiley - laughkeeping an eye out for the lynch mobs...

I was messing about on the computer earlier on waiting for the Gasman to Cometh before dashing out to "w..k" then found that my only "customer" today had been taken into hospital on Friday so I'm back with a bit of time to spare.

Yes, for a man with one leg, Tommy took some catching, eh? smiley - biggrin. I did try sending him an e-card for his 75th birthday but the e-mail address he posted doesn't seem to be operating any more. I also had the phone number of his cousin in East Kilbride at one time but you don't know how people are going to react to being contacted by strangers from some bizarre website, do you?!!

Now that Comic Relief is back in the news again I think I might have a rant to try and find out just how many copies of BotF were sold - I suspect the BBC won't want to admit to any figures...

Pre-moderation

Post 4

Ancient Brit

I do hope that nothing has happened to him. I one upped him on age you know smiley - smiley
F111306?thread=246247
How about Gecko she had so many refits I lost track of her.
Hope you page has been unmoderated.smiley - ok
My problem goes from bad to worse.

Pre-moderation

Post 5

Chris Morris

Gecko is still at U211101 but the lizard has evolved into a bird (I thought that was supposed to take millions of years - perhaps Darwin got it wrong after allsmiley - biggrin) and is flying high with the Wright brothers!

My page is now unmoderated so it must just have been a case of checking the link. It still looks pretty boring but the chances of me ever finding time to get to grips with the intracacies of GML are extremely remote. One of these days, though, I will manage to write one or more articles for the guide as I feel it's ethically somewhat questionable to be posting here without at least attempting one.

As for POV, the moderaters seem to have made up their minds but it's certainly raised a lot of interesting questions about connectivity and differences between the DNA sites; your boy has been making some telling points about barriers on Shazz's "So sorry" thread (haven't got a link for that but I'll assume you've read it anyway)

nil carborundum and all thatsmiley - laugh

Chris

Pre-moderation

Post 6

Ancient Brit

I see Gecko/Blue bird has a go on "So Sorry"
I should have guessed from the style that it was her. smiley - biggrin
Shouldn't worry too much about the EG. It may be important but there is far more to h2g2 than that. smiley - ok
Have no conscience he writes enough for both of us. A1056520
This thread isn't doing too badly. F55683?thread=582433
Keep Lurking - Ancient Brit.

Pre-moderation

Post 7

Chris Morris

The Pinniped Portfolio is, indeed, an impressive body of work; quantity *and* quality. Is he a fan of Borges and Nabakov, by any chance?

Pre-moderation

Post 8

Ancient Brit

F76045?thread=215725?thread=&latest=1#p6534409

Pre-moderation

Post 9

Chris Morris

smiley - laughwell, generally he's coming from Motherwell these dayssmiley - cheers

Pre-moderation

Post 10

Ancient Brit

Now then Chris you shouldn't ask loaded questions. smiley - smiley
I put it to him that you were a serious writer. He has given you a serious answer. smiley - ok He combs
The contact was made in a RL Pub. smiley - cheers
His new Personal Space tells all. smiley - ok
Ancient Brit.

Pre-moderation

Post 11

Chris Morris

oops! I come back to find myself in trouble. I had to read the backlog a couple of times to understand the problem, but you're quite right - that post could be read as a loaded question; it really wasn't written with that intention smiley - sorry

I'm glad to see your problems with POV seem to be sorted out now.

And how nice that Tommy has found his way back. With his new leg he'll be even harder to keep up with now!!

Chris

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ancient Brit

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more