This is the Message Centre for Mergatroyd McGlubb...incompetently lurking

What's up?

Post 1

a girl called Ben

Where'd you go?

You are an ACE - or so you say in your name - so presumably you have been involved in more than three or four conversations here. smiley - erm

Tell me true, were you upset by the comments in the AWW about your short story? If so - I really am sorry about that. The crazy thing is I really like what you wrote - you can convey atmosphere well, and there was an energy, and a vibrancy and a tension in the thing. There are writers who would cut off a limb to be able to write like that.

What I said was intended to be an outsider's view so that you could get a better understanding of where the piece worked and where it didn't. It was a personal reaction, that's all. It is the kind of thing I find useful for my own poems and prose.

So - please clear up the mystery for me - are you an ACE? - have you decided to leave H2G2? - If so, why? - And will you reinstate your entry in the AWW? As I said - it really does have a certain something.

Unlike Peer Review, most of the people who post in the AWW write creative pieces themselves - they know what it is like, and genuinely want to help.

And if it was something I said - then I really am more sorry than I can say.

Ben

What's up?

Post 2

Mergatroyd McGlubb...incompetently lurking

Whoa. I don't know what was up. as my name says... I have been having some serious issues lately. Not an excuse, just an explanation. I have worked through most of them, but one of the symptoms of my (fugues? I don't know what to call them) issues is to drink an exorbitant amount of alcohol. I don't remember what was said that upset me, or, looking back, why whatever it was upset me so much that I went all childish. I am not an ACE... a donkey maybe, but not an ACE.

I'll try posting it again if y'all would still like, and if I can find it and didn't hunt it down and delete it from my pc.

Please accept this as my most humble apology for a thoroughly horrible tantrum. I throw them only rarely, and find myself spectaularly embarrassed when I succumb. And then I have been really busy at work, do I haven't spent much time banging on my home pc.

Anyway, before anyone breaks down in tearssmiley - wah, I will leave off this groveling... but allow me to apologize profusely one last time.

Merg

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mergatroyd McGlubb...incompetently lurking

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more