A Conversation for Southern United States Food

Peer Review: A763283 - Southern United States Food

Post 1

ScienceGirlMSU

Entry: Southern United States Food - A763283
Author: ScienceGirlMSU - U195453

After questions, this is a guide to the odd stuff that you can only find in the Southern United States. (if I've missed anything, please let me know!)

A763283 - Southern United States Food

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi,

This would be more interesting if it had the full recipes. It is quite interesting as it stands, but could be so much more interesting.

You will also have to lose the second paragraph - sorry Grant! First person stuff's not allowed in Edited Guide entries>

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 3

ScienceGirlMSU

Read away and feel free to attempt any of the recepies provided therein. smiley - smiley

I'd describe in detail on how to fix turnip greens, but I've never made them since I'm not fond of turnips... And in all honesty, the finished product looks like boiled grass.

Also, if Moonpies sound interresting enough to try, if anyone would be interrested in hooking me up with good Cadbury chocolate, Coleman's Curry in a tin, or Topic Bars, contact me personally! (same thing goes with Country Ham)

And since I can't include it in the entry, many thanks to my housemate Grant for helping me out with the list. smiley - smiley

Post 4

ScienceGirlMSU

Read away and feel free to attempt any of the recepies provided therein. smiley - smiley

I'd describe in detail on how to fix turnip greens, but I've never made them since I'm not fond of turnips... And in all honesty, the finished product looks like boiled grass.

Also, if Moonpies sound interresting enough to try, if anyone would be interrested in hooking me up with good Cadbury chocolate, Coleman's Curry in a tin, or Topic Bars, contact me personally! (same thing goes with Country Ham)

And since I can't include it in the entry, many thanks to my housemate Grant for helping me out with the list. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Wayfarer -MadForumArtist, Keeper of bad puns, Greeblet with Goo beret, Tangential One

ScienceGirlMSU, although i like this entry, there's already an edited one on the same subject; it's at A407486.
However, you can go for updating at A496451 and see about adding your stuff.

on another note, pecan pie is worth a mention, being possibly one of the most wonderful deserts ever.
here's a recipie: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6446/print/pecanpie.html
or here: http://www.foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/0,6255,10383,00.html
or here: http://www.ghg.net/coyej/pecanpie.htm#RECIPES
multiple sites listed because rephrasing something that simple to avoid plagarism problems is always tough.smiley - erm also there *are* some variations.

Post 6

Z

Being from Birmingham Uk not Alabamba, I can't really comment on content but I was thinking it might look better if the reciepies were actually in the entry rather than footnotes.

Other than that it's a great entry. Well done smiley - cheers

Post 7

Sam

Hey ScienceGirlMSU, how're you doing? smiley - smiley

Your entry on Southern US food is cool, but, as Wayfarer points out, there's already another entry on the same subject in the Edited Guide covering corn dogs, fried chicken and the like. This is a shame - but I've suggested in the Update page that bits of your entry (not covered in the other older one) be incorporated into it. Your original entry, of course, will remain untouched and searchable on our search engine.

All the best.smiley - smiley

Post 8

The GR Manoeuvre --- a posting a day keeps the reaper away

So, as it is being taken care of by the Update HQ, shouldn't this thread be taken out of Peer Review?

Post 9

GTBacchus

Indeed... smiley - erm

smiley - run off to Update HQ, to check on that.

Post 10

Z

Can we please send it back to the entry?

Post 11

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

seconded.

Key: Complain about this post