This is the Message Centre for Mu Beta

Can anyone tell me...

Post 1

Mu Beta

What the [expletive removed by Moderators] is going on around here?

After making [comments removed by Moderators] and trying to [comments removed by Moderators] in a relatively innocuous thread, suddenly I find [comments removed by Moderators] and, what's more [comments removed by Moderators].

It wouldn't be so bad if [comments removed by Moderators], and of course they wouldn't have the backbone to [comments removed by Moderators].

Frankly, I think [comments removed by Moderators], smear them liberally with butter, and jolly well thrust them [comments removed by Moderators].

B

Can anyone tell me...

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

What? Where? Ah, I guess I should find out myself...

Can anyone tell me...

Post 3

Vip

Uh, no. But you have made me curious!

smiley - fairy

Can anyone tell me...

Post 4

Baron Grim

I'll tell you exactly what's going on...

smiley - bleep

That about sums it up.

However, did you at least get an email about it, because the last time someone yikesed one of my posts, I didn't. I thought that was automated, but I guess someone turned it off. It was unyikesed* when the hamsters returned after the weekend and could see it was an invalid yikesing* but still never got an email, so if I hadn't actually seen it removed, I might never have known.

Can anyone tell me...

Post 5

Baron Grim

*These are not real words... just thought I'd point that out.

Can anyone tell me...

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - weirdsmiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - weird Its probably the heat, ham[p]sters don't perform well in warm weather conditions... smiley - erm or soemthing smiley - ermsmiley - hamstersmiley - ponysmiley - lurk

Can anyone tell me...

Post 7

Mu Beta

I'm not in a position to comment on emails.

Here.

B

Can anyone tell me...

Post 8

Baron Grim

Oh, I'm not asking for privileged information, just if emails are still going out when a post gets yikesed. It could just be that my address was lost or needs updating.

Can anyone tell me...

Post 9

Vip

It could be that your details aren't up to date, that is one possibility.

I'm not sure of the current status, but I know that the auto-email function was broken when we took it over from the BBC. Each had to be sent manually. It may still be the case, I don't know.

smiley - fairy

Can anyone tell me...

Post 10

Baron Grim

I think that is the case, I'm pretty sure I updated my address.

Can anyone tell me...

Post 11

Icy North

The trouble is it's not consistently applied, so people lose confidence in the process. For example, I called someone a disturbing clown the other day (forget who), but the Authorities just posted < rofl > smileys.

Can anyone tell me...

Post 12

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I remember who--'twas our host, heresmiley - winkeye

Can anyone tell me...

Post 13

Geggs

That'll be here: F21546918?thread=8295952&skip=40#p110651699

When you said Authorities did you mean Magwitch?

Geggs

Can anyone tell me...

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

You only get an email if the yikes is upheld, Baron.
smiley - towel

Can anyone tell me...

Post 15

Mu Beta

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever called me on this site.

B

Key: Complain about this post