This is the Message Centre for royalrcrompton

St. Augustine

Post 1

warner - a new era of cooperation

Hi royalrcrompton smiley - smiley

No, I haven't read 'Immortality of the Soul', but I will look in to it.
I have heard of him smiley - biggrin
I lived in Irish republic for 3 years, which is predominately Catholic, of course.
smiley - peacesign

St. Augustine

Post 2

I've just been looking at St Augustine's works and also the article in the wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

I've also been writing a 'guide entry' on Early Cristianity >> A46646139

It's all very interesting smiley - smiley
smiley - peacesign

St. Augustine

Post 3

smiley - smiley I would be much obliged if you could point out any unintended errors and such like.
Glory be to Almighty God!
smiley - peacesign

St. Augustine

Post 4

royalrcrompton

Hi Warner

I am not one who likes to point out the errors of others who are sincere -- unless they are blatantly heretical. You, I and others are having enough trouble trying to set right the increasing number of cranks who visit the religious postings without picking on each other.

The fact remains that we are so very much dependent on drawing our own conclusions on so many doctrinal matters since the Bible is certainly not an exhaustve tome. You know, I have never found aother Christian who has drawn the same identical conclusions about those biblical issues that leave us to turn over our own stones. That is why I, as a student of Reform teaching, do not hammer down hard on Arminians/semi-Pelagians and other Christian viewpoints. I'm sure we will all be shown on that Great Day where each of us was wrong. And believe me, all of us are wrong about something!

smiley - biggrin
RC

St. Augustine

Post 5

>>And believe me, all of us are wrong about something!<<
smiley - biggrin Agreed upon. It's good to think about why we believe what we believe, in my opinion.

I have much interest in theology. I was lucky in secondary school to have a qualified Divinity teacher.
He mainly taught Christianity from an Anglican point of view, but he was very knowledgeable
and gave us a lot of insight into many viewpoints ..
smiley - peacesign

Interfaith

Post 6

smiley - smiley Hi RC, Peace be with you.
"We need to be praying for each other because Satan doesn't especially like our postings."
No, of course he doesn't.

"O people! Behold, we have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes so that you might come to know one another. Verily, the noblest of you in the sight of God is the one who is most deeply conscious of Him. Behold, God is all-knowing, all-aware."
smiley - book Qur'an 49:13

Respect and interfaith awareness is essential, IMO, if we want to minimise satan's deeds. We're surely heading towards the time of anti-Christ, and nations are losing their heritages and faith. smiley - sadface

I was very sorry to hear of the recent loss of your mother, and I pray that Almighty God forgives our sins and shortcomings, and causes us to join those in Heaven. Amen.
smiley - peacesign

Interfaith

Post 7

royalrcrompton

Hi Warner

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but as you can see, I've had my hands full on one of the other threads re corporal punishment.

I am beginning to think that my contribtions to these debates have only hardened the unbelievers rather than moved them toward the truth.
I am reminnded of Mark 6:11 " And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them."

What do you think?

Rick

Removed

Post 8

This post has been removed.

St. Augustine

Post 9

I'm not sure why my post 8 has been challenged. Perhaps I mentioned satan too many times.
Going back to the original subject, I have read quite a lot about St. Augustine, and am very impressed with his life and understandings of Almighty God. smiley - smiley
smiley - peacesign

St. Augustine

Post 10

Yes RC smiley - smiley
It seems that my post was unacceptable. I can only think that it was considered provocative. I was mentioning the control that satan has over the whole of mankind, the Believers in Almighty God included.

But Almighty God is greater, and through our remembrance of Him, we will be saved.
I'm made to feel very uncomfortable because I believe in the Almighty.
It is the way of the Apostles and Saints to continue to remind people about righteousness, and I know that they suffered greatly for it.

>>I am beginning to think that my contribtions to these debates have only hardened the unbelievers rather than moved them toward the truth.<<
It is our duty to convey the truth, as we understand it, in a suitable manner. If nobody was reminding each other, what would be the consequences?

God bless you

St. Augustine

Post 11

royalrcrompton

Hi Warner

Censorship of the truth! What are we coming to?? It's evidently all right to call somebody "... a blithering idiot..." and get away with it but unacceptable to mention the arch-enemy in one's postings.

I guess I'll have to read the House Rules more carefully.

The best form of conveying the truth is Scripture by itself because it never conveys a mortal opinion. Readers can only rant against the Author.

God bless
smiley - smiley
Rick

Key: Complain about this post