A Conversation for H2G2 Bookworms Club

Are you in a Bookgroup?

Post 1

Z

Anyone else in a reading group? I'm in two and it's good because I'm forced to read two books a month, but not so good because it doesn't leave much time to read books that are my own choice.

One reads books in translation from around the world, and the other reads books of interest to Skeptics.

Are you in a Bookgroup?

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

what are Skeptics?
and no, I'm not in a bookgroup - it might be good for me to find one though

Are you in a Bookgroup?

Post 3

Z

Skeptics are people who take an evidence based look at, well life really. We're generally athetist, anti-alt med, and other dubsious claims.

I'm a member of edinburgh Sketpics, but there's groups springing up around the uk, and elsewhere. http://www.edinburghskeptics.co.uk/

Are you in a Bookgroup?

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

I'll have to look and see if there are any near me. I've seen you and MrsZ mention them before and they seem really interesting, and right up my street.

Are you in a Bookgroup?

Post 5

Z

The main organisation is often called a Skeptics in the Pub, Edinburgh got a bit out of hand and organises loads more events, but that's because we've got two organisers who are a bit over keen and get lots of things going, and the rest of us feel obliged to carry on with them.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more