A Conversation for H2G2 Bookworms Club

anyone still subscribed?

Post 21

Sho - employed again!

maybe we need a thread for Kevin?

Z - the e=mc^2 is the one I meant. I read it before Kelvin and found that I understood Kelvin the better for it. But it wouldn't have mattered which way round I'd read them, I think.

maybe I'll start a thread for them too...

anyone still subscribed?

Post 22

Agapanthus

*waves*

anyone still subscribed?

Post 23

aka Bel - A87832164

*sips smiley - tea*

anyone still subscribed?

Post 24

J

smiley - footprints
I'm reading Anna Karenina for the first time just now... Slower than I'd like, but I like to be busy. Wish I had more time to tackle what is rapidly coming to resemble a mountain of books next to my desk... smiley - smiley

anyone still subscribed?

Post 25

Titania (gone for lunch)

Anna Karenina... *sighs* I don't know how many times I tried to get through it - dozens, I think, but never managed.

In the end, during a big clearing out of books 'I didn't like and will never read again' and 'that I never got through despite several years of trying' it found a new home at a local old folks' home.

anyone still subscribed?

Post 26

Sho - employed again!

smiley - eurekaoh idea for a new thread

anyone still subscribed?

Post 27

J

I'm enjoying Anna now, though I'm only barely into Part 2. I often wonder what it is about Russians, though, that compels them to refer to people by 48 different names...

anyone still subscribed?

Post 28

KB

What's worse, Jordan, is that if you're reading a bad translation the translator occasionally doesn't realise two names are the same person. *Then* it gets confusing. smiley - headhurts

Still, I've always been of the view that there's only one way to make sure you aren't missing something in translation - read the original.

anyone still subscribed?

Post 29

Z

I enjoyed the radio 4 adaptation but couldn'tget into the book.

Key: Complain about this post