This is the Message Centre for Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

Sunday Sermon

Post 1

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

Yes I know it's monday!

I was watching Jesus Christ Superstar, yesterday and it got me to thinking.

And before anyone starts I do not want this to turn into some christian debate! These are my beliefs and if you don't like them bog off and unsubscribe!

God gave every single person on this planet today the gift of life. A thing that should be celebrated while you are lucky enough to have it.

Some people are not lucky enough to live long lives for one reason or another, and it makes my blood boil to see others wasting theirs, with their continued "wallowing" behavour.

Now I truely believe in, what you give out you will get back, so if you are happy, and generally get on with life, and don't let the knocks drag you down too much, then happiness will keep comming back to you, because that is what you are sending out into the world.

On the other hand if you are "wallowing" and sending out self pity, then thats what you will get back in return. In other words a very sad wasted life.

Take some advice. Have a look around you. Have a look at other people and the struggles they have had. 99.9% of you will know someone who is much worse off than you. Look at them and thank your lucky stars thats not you!

And for the record, in my experiance the 1% who can't find anyone who is more worse off, Those people, I have found, tend not be be "wallowers" they just get on with it.

And if you're upset by this journal, ask yourself why? Maybe it's hitting too close to home!

Sunday Sermon

Post 2

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

*Runs in.*

There is no god, atheism is the way of the future!

*Runs out.*

Sunday Sermon

Post 3

*wonders why a God would come rushing in and say that*

Sunday Sermon

Post 4

*Runs in.*

I'm odd like that.

*Runs out.*

Sunday Sermon

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Thank you Cal smiley - cuddle

Sunday Sermon

Post 6

Evangeline

Quite a profound sermon.

During a particularly rough patch, I encountered someone who had things a lot worse. Thing is, this person never moaned and did their best to cheer me up. Which they did very well, by the way.

I remember vividly the moment that my perspective totally shifted. My priorities changed almost instantly.

Sunday Sermon

Post 7

My browser went kurput after I tried putting myself on the hootoo map.

Anyhoo

Some people will never ever get perspective. it is beyond their very tiny little minds.

Sunday Sermon

Post 8

Evangeline

One day, I will email you what did it for me.

Sunday Sermon

Post 9

smiley - ok

Sunday Sermon

Post 10

Evangeline

I'm sure you would appreciate the irony.

Sunday Sermon

Post 11

*grins* this sounds good

Sunday Sermon

Post 12

*Runs in.*

>>Some people will never ever get perspective. it is beyond their very tiny little minds.<<

Says the guy who believes in a magical being who lives in the sky.

*Runs out.*

Sunday Sermon

Post 13

Ummm did I not say bog off and unsubscribe?

I'm so sure I said that smiley - erm

Sunday Sermon

Post 14

*Runs in.*

Sorry, but I'm one of those annoying confrontational atheists who insists on debate on the issue.

*Runs out.*

Sunday Sermon

Post 15

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Well said Cal smiley - ok

Sunday Sermon

Post 16

thanks

Sunday Sermon

Post 17

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

I appreciate the entire sentiment expressed in the first post ...

And never quite believed that GodBen existed either. smiley - evilgrin

Sunday Sermon

Post 18

Lady Scott

*locks the door behind GB*

smiley - whistle

*mutters under her breath*

I never will understand why people who don't believe in certain things are sooooooooooo offended by those of us who do...

To the point that they insist on harassing, pressuring, and badgering about what they don't believe (even though it takes much more faith to imagine a world this complex just occuring by happenstance)...

Especially considering that if a believer were to talk to the unbeliever calmly and rationally about why their lack of faith is poppycock, they would be screeching at the top of their lungs about their rights to not be harassed with "religious" talk...

(But to avoid any debate on the issue since you don't want this to become a debate thread, I'd never mention such things out loud smiley - shhh)

*tosses the key into the 145 mph winds of Hurricaine Katrina*

There now... You won't be bothered by him again.

*glares at GB*

smiley - cross

At least you'd better not be.

Sunday Sermon

Post 19

smiley - hug

Lady Scott, I can always depend on you smiley - biggrin

Sunday Sermon

Post 20

*Climbs in the window.*

>>I never will understand why people who don't believe in certain things are sooooooooooo offended by those of us who do...<<

I'm not offended by you, I believe that right to belief is fundamental in any free society. I just like to make fun of you. Is that so wrong?

>>even though it takes much more faith to imagine a world this complex just occuring by happenstance<<

It really takes the same amount of faith, maybe slightly less, but certainly not much more. I don't just look at the wonders of this world and say, "A god did it", I actually look for answers. I don't just ignore the logical inconsistancies in the bible, and when scienticic evidence completely contradicts religious doctorine, I don't just pretend that it's bad science. There's evidence behind what I believe.

That being said, I don't believe that Christianity is a complete waste. The underlying morality of it is, for the most part, good. I agree with Cal's first post completely about not complaining about life and just enjoying it. I'm just doing this to annoy Cal for forcing me to move the tearoom when I seemingly didn't need to. smiley - tongueout

*Jumps out the window.*

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more