This is the Message Centre for Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

Internet Shopping, What a waste of Time!

Post 1

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

I have never brought anything over the internet, I've been quite caucious of it really smiley - erm

And today has proved to me I had good reason!

On Thursday I ordered some polish for my violin, (violin's should only be polished twice a year and then only with the recommended polish, they should just normally be cleaned with a soft cloth to wipe away any residue rosin from the wood and strings, after being played)

Today the package arrived

I opened said package

and to my surprise inside was two bottles of valve oil, for trumpets smiley - erm I checked the despatch note, which came with the two bottles of valve oil, and it quite clearly stated that I had ordered Violin polish. smiley - erm This leads me to believe that who ever packed the parcel cannot read, since OIL and POLISH are quite different and very hard to mix up smiley - erm

So I shall now go back to walking into town and doing my shopping like normal people. No new fangled arty farty internet shopping for me in future!

Post 2

Evangeline

Oh, that is smiley - weird.

I've had better luck with internet shopping than I've had with the distributors we order merchandise from for the store.

Post 3

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

I was rather reluctant the first couple of purchases. I had no qualms about paying for shareware, or down-loadable commercial products. But something tangible?

To date, I've purchased perhaps a dozen items, and had one prove to not be what I needed. Unfortunately, it was memory for a notebook, and it proved incompatible. With all the song and dance required, and the "re-stocking fees", it wasn't worth it to return it. So I'm still looking for a buyer for some rather dated SODIMMs ...

Maybe someone there read your earlier journal? And figured they'd nudge you towards a different musical instrument? smiley - laugh

Post 4

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Batty_ACE

I've had good and bad experiences with online shopping.. as a general rule they should send you the polish immediately and either pay for the valve oil to be shipped back to them in a prepaid box or tell you to keep it or throw it away..

Post 6

They are sending out the polish and also a prepaid thingy for the valve oil

Post 7

Batty_ACE

there you go...

Post 8

Do you also forecast weather? smiley - laugh

Post 9

Batty_ACE

Yeah but just like the professionals I'm seldom accurate.. smiley - winkeye

Post 10

I gotta get me a job like that. Where 10 to 20% accuracy is good for a performance bonus in the pay packet. smiley - laugh

Or I could retain my self-respect and do real stuff.

Meanwhile, there really MUST be some alternate uses for that lubricant erroneously shipped ... Hmmm ...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more