A Conversation for Scrambled Eggs

Peer Review: A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 1

Agi

Entry: Scrambled Eggs - A742394
Author: Agi - U193790

Why does this site insist that I enter comments? Have a look at my article. If you like it, great. If not, why not?

Many thanks

Agi ¦¬}

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 2

Agi

Sorry, that last entry wasn't supposed to sound quite so harsh.

When I said "why not" I meant that I would like to know what you felt did and didn't work.

Thanks

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 3

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Hi Agi,

Welcome to H2G2 - I assume from your homepage that you're new?

I'd first like to say that I think you write very well indeed.

However, what you've written here doesn't fit the *edited guide*. See the Writing-Guidelines for more info. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/Writing-Guidelines

What you've written is very entertaining, and would be suitable for the alternative guide at AGGGAG http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/AGGGAG which has an entry published in the H2G2 Post every Thursday. I'm sure they'd be pleased to have you. smiley - smiley

Basically, the edited guide is intended to be factual, and new entries must cover new ground, and there's already an entry on scrambled eggs at A105788.

Don't be discouraged, though. As I say, you write very well indeed.

Keep an eye on your personal space on H2G2, because hopefully a helpful ACE will drop in to say hello.

Best wishes

Otto smiley - fish

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 4

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

Hi Agi

just read the scrambled egg thingy.

smiley - ok

liked it a lot. You totally belong on h2g2, exactly the sort of humour that is common round here!

although this isn't suitable for the edited guide it will go over very well in the places Otto recommended.

so well done and and a big hairy welcome to h2g2.

FABT

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 5

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yeeeah smiley - biggrin

Welcome to where the witdom is! Come over to <./>AggGag</.> !

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 6

Oh! Forgot to sign...

Bossel, member of the board smiley - smiley

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 7

As Agi doesn't seem to react... any Scout seconding moving this one to the AWW?

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 8

GreyDesk

Have you tried punching the word "scrambled eggs" into the h2g2 search box? There are a page and a half of entries on the subject smiley - bigeyes

It seems that DNA appeared on Channel 4's, The Big Breakfast and asked how to make scrambled eggs. And it looks like the community responded en masse smiley - smiley

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 9

indeed, a page and a half smiley - laugh

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 10

Spiff

This definitely looks alternative to me. smiley - smiley

is the author still with us?

I quite enjoyed it, although i thought it was a little bit (not for want of a better expression, just to get in the 'egg on face' gag smiley - laugh) 'in yer face'. smiley - yikes

What I mean is, imaginatively written in an individual style, but not a particularly subtle joke. smiley - sadface

sorry to be negative, but it's really only a little bit negative. don't let me hold you back, getting working on the next piece! smiley - ok

seeya
spiff

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 11

Jimi X

I'll throw in a second.

Pity Agi's first attempt was a topic chosen by Douglas himself.

Do keep trying though Agi! smiley - ok

- X

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 12

Agi

Thanks to all for all your words of encouragement. I'll try to take all your advice onboard for my next attempt. In the meantime I will say "what a fantastic site, and you're all gorgeous". It's so refreshing to find nothing but encouragement. I truly look forward to spouting some more waffle and seeing what you all think about it. I didn't actually see the bit on the Big breakfast, I just lived with a vegetarian for a long time and had used the unborn foetus’s line many times ust to wind her up. Therefore half of the stuff I put in there I'd been using for years.

Cheers all
Be good to yourselves

Agi

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 13

Re: posting 7 -- any opinions/secondings?

A742394 - Scrambled Eggs

Post 14

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Ay, make it so.

Otto

Key: Complain about this post