A Conversation for Mostly Harmless MC - Members

Join me up!!

Post 1

wimblin

I want to be an honorary member. I don't ride, no balance me, but have been a pillion lots of times, been to a few bike rallies and I help to organise a rally in the South of England. It's been going about 13 years or so I I've been involved in some way since the 2nd.

I've also travelled in Europe as a pillion more than once and savoured a couple of European rallies.

Virtual bike - nice small bike engined trike.

Join me up!!

Post 2

BadZen

Welcome to the club smiley - smiley

Sorry that took so long...

Make yourself at home in the clubhouse, and even though the Biker's Rest is a bit dusty these days I'm sure the proprietress would welcome a new customer...

smiley - cheers

Badsmiley - zen

Join me up!!

Post 3

Solaires_grandad

Hi,
I'm a new member, at least I hope I am.
First Bike: Honda . It was old 25 years ago. Then A Kwaka KH100, cor, getting bigger, then a Kwaka LTD250 when they first appeared on the market, what a joy.
Current: Virago 125, even more of a joy and yes it does look a lot bigger, well it will do when I get the L plates off.
Virtual Bike: Dunno yet, perhaps a 1700 Warrior, but I've only got short legs. Still if it's virtual I can be as tall as I want.

Join me up!!

Post 4

BadZen

And a big welcome to the club to you too smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers

Join me up!!

Post 5

Simon Roberts

Hi could you sign me up.

First bike a Honda Mini Melody

Current bike Yamaha XV750se of 1981 vintage.

Join me up!!

Post 6

Phred Firecloud

First bike..1955 Harley Hummer 125 CC 2 cycles
Best bike...1957 Harley Sportster
Other bikes...yada..yada..yada
Current bike..250CC Yamaha Virago
Dream Bike..Ducati, of course.

Hello....Is there anybody in here?

Join me up!!

Post 7

BadZen

Welcome to the Club smiley - cheers

Don't forget to subscribe to the clubhouse page...make yourself at home smiley - smiley

Join me up!!

Post 8

aussie_paul

Hi Guys, please join me up.

Never been on a bike before (pushbikes aside). Interested in getting a bike licence now I have passed 40 (dad would never allow it when I was a teen as he managed to crash his when he was in the RAF in the 50's). This is once I finish convincing my family it's not as dangerous as everyone makes out (this is the bit where you all tell me it really is...). Even just contemplating a bike licence has already made me more aware as a car driver of keeping an eye out for bikes on the road (and that a lot of car drivers got their licenses from a box of Cornflakes).

No bike as yet, just currently reading up on all things bike. A CB250 maybe in the next 6 months once I get my "L"s (if I'm not scared wit-less the first time I throw a leg over) and maybe a RVF400 sometime later in the future.

Thanks

Paul

Join me up!!

Post 9

BadZen

Welcome to the club. smiley - smiley

Good luck learning to ride, don't forget to turn your head and read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A271720

Keep your shiny side up

smiley - cheers

Join me up!!

Post 10

aussie_paul

Thanks BadZen !

That's the very page that popped up in my google search on how to ride a motorbike and led me to H2G2. Excellent advice for a beginner !.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheers

Paul

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more