This is the Message Centre for manda1111

Peas

Post 61

serenity

you will be telling me next, that milk comes from cows and not bottles in ASDA smiley - laugh

Peas

Post 62

manda1111

The chinese make nice chips, I have had them from a few diferent chinese shop and they all seem to make nice chips,

I post 54 I ment chip shop chips are slitley better than frosen chips smiley - blush
I can't find anyone that profers that yellow batter stuff on there chips, but they still put it on smiley - erm
If they are going to cook chips in the wrong stuff and at the wrong temp, the least they could do is make them out of real spuds, just spuds nothing taken away and nothing added

manda smiley - peacedove

Peas

Post 63

JINTY. ...back in circulation again

always thinking of your belly eh
jinty xxx

Peas

Post 64

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Chinese take away chips are as you say uniformly great smiley - drool I think in the main its cause they cook them in Groundnut (peanut) oil, which gets a relaly good hot temp on it, so they come out well, without absorbing too much oil, which they can often do if they are cooked in vegetable oil (as veg oil generlaly has a lower 'boiling' point I think) smiley - erm I've had some awful chips before where the oil/fat had not been changed recently enough, and there was tons of free fatty acids floating about in teh oil smiley - yuk (I.E., the fat was rancid) smiley - yuksmiley - drool WE used to get chips from a chinese take away all the tiem when I was a wee lad, as we'd walk past this chinese take away on our way home from the brewery, we'd get a portion of chips and curry sauce to tip all over it smiley - drool and eat it as we walked back home via the river, or walked along up to some awful night club for more booze smiley - alesmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - drool I'm getting a nice collection of matterial in my oven tray again now: cooked a chicken leg in it today, covered in spices, and thats going to be more chicken fat in the pan, plus some of the psices, smiley - drool I think I'll definaly have to do roasted spuds in it, as they'l get some wondeorus flavours from the oil and fat and spices smiley - drool maybe some time next week I will do them, when the tempurature and humidity has dropped down a bit smiley - flustered

Peas

Post 65

manda1111

I always use peanut or rape seed oil in my wok, you can get them to such a high temperature that they start smoking and it is still ok, ( you need that temperature when you are cooking with a wok)
if you try to do that with veg oil or lard it will burn and will be no good smiley - sadface

we used to get a chip Special when comeing from the pub, it was a container half of chips and half fried rice and curry sauces smiley - drool

BTW that pan sounds great smiley - cool

manda smiley - peacedove

Peas

Post 66

I tend to almost exclusively use Groundnut oil now.... I've got olive oil as well, and sessamy oil (for when doing egg fried rice as according to the method given to me by an friend who is of Chinese origion ) smiley - drool Actually... Think I've jut about run out of olive oil smiley - wahsmiley - dohsmiley - biggrin I'll let you know how the pan does cooking some spuds probably next week sometime smiley - drool

Peas

Post 67

manda1111

I use sesame oil a lot but only for flavor after the things have been cooked, its not very oftern I use olive oil, I don't think it is all its cracked up to be

so how do you do your egg fried rice smiley - smiley

manda smiley - peacedove

Peas

Post 68

manda1111

I had loverly burnt spuds yesterday smiley - drool
cooked from 6:45 in the morning smiley - biggrin

manda smiley - peacedove

very dead potatoes

Post 69

SEF

smiley - biggrin

very dead potatoes

Post 70

I rarely do Egg fried rice the proper proper way, as i useually tend to throw a lot more stuff, mainly veg in first smiley - drool So I guess its more like 'special fried rice' or something smiley - erm generlaly I get the oil really relaly hot then chuck in the vegies, typically mushroom beansprout, celery, then when they are just about done, I'll move em to the edge of the work, and throw the egg in the middle leave it a moment or two till its just starting to cook like a fried egg, then break it up and mix it aboutk but only in the middle so not bringin too many of the vegies in to it, then I chcuk the cooked rice ( which I'll have cooked a bit before so given time to dry totally out after having been cooked) then just mix it again,brinign in the vegies and then cook till the rice and egg are all fried up together and mixe d though smiley - erm I never get it as good as I'd like, maybe I'm not doing it right smiley - doh and i use the sessami oil smiley - drool usueally a bit of ground ginger and wpring onion spring onion even smiley - doh plus a bit of light soya sauce smiley - drool

very dead potatoes

Post 71

manda1111

Have you tried Oyster sauce, it is loverly,
you should try some in you fried rice,
I add it to most things I do in the wok

and you should try "Tiger Chinese curry mix", it is beautiful. It is not hot, so you would have to add some chillies if you like things hot, but it gives a real chinese tast to things.

manda smiley - peacedove

very dead potatoes

Post 72

manda1111

BTW The "Tiger Chinese curry mix" is in a yellow packet, and I always get mine from the indian shops smiley - rofl

manda smiley - peacedove

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for manda1111

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more