A Conversation for Faculty of History, Philosophy and Spirituality

New project

Post 1

Tamrhind

The Most Wanted list suggests a demand for a complete series on the English monarchy. This is clearly (to me at least) a goer for a U project and one I'd be keen to tackle - I've already completed an entry on Richard III for PR.

However, my talents lie in research and writing, very much a follower not a leader, and I and am not at all keen to undertake the full responsibilities of project co-ordinator.

Any volunteers wanting to drive this train?

New project

Post 2

bobstafford

If I can help I will. What do you have in mind.smiley - smiley

Bob...

New project

Post 3

Tamrhind

I would LIKE to accomplish what the list asks for - a complete series. I'm a B.A with majors in English & History, so it's not an arcane topic to me and I USED to know the outline history every monarch from the Confessor onwards. smiley - smiley

New project

Post 4

Tamrhind

I would LIKE to accomplish what the list asks for - a complete series. I'm a B.A with majors in English & History, so it's not an arcane topic to me and I USED to know the outline history every monarch from the Confessor onwards. smiley - smiley

Check out my RIII entry, see what you think.

New project

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Hi Tamrhind!

If you're after someone who can contribute Entries, I'm not your man. If you've got the writers or want to do the whole lot yourself and need a Sub, though, I'm available smiley - smiley

New project

Post 6

Tamrhind

Skankyrich, hi.

My idea is to do the research & write-up myself. I've done subbing in civvy street but I don't want to do everything myself so you're welcome if you want to join.

New project

Post 7

bobstafford

What do you have in mind some sort of expanded list smiley - smiley

New project

Post 8

Tamrhind

My way of "thinking" (I've learned to use that word cautiously) is that modernish royalty really starts with the Confessor and from there to 'our'Elizabeth and including, for historical impact, the Young Pretender, Charles Stuart.

I know Alfred is the only one of them to be called "The Great", and with reason, but I believe between him to Ethelred the Redeless, there wasn't any coherent "England" per se; a Wessex hegemony, more like. What do you reckon?

New project

Post 9

bobstafford

I have got the Heptarchy covered already from 500 to 1066 so you could just linksmiley - smiley
A29283708

New project

Post 10

Tamrhind

Cool - half a millennium already and we haven't hit a key! smiley - smiley

New project

Post 11

bobstafford

A22747935
Covers the pre invasion era (Roman)smiley - smiley

These any good

New project

Post 12

Tamrhind

Had a look at them the other night - I'm exceedingly jealous. smiley - smiley

New project

Post 13

bobstafford

Thanks, I am most pleased with the Roman stuff
A24591099
The Groma: The Tool That Built An Empire.
A23968876
Roman Construction Methods.
A25128489
Stane Street: - A Journey through Roman
A25128489
Dere Street: - A Journey through Roman Britain 923.
A24369951
Watling Street.
A25829102
The Fosse Way.
A26655573
Ermine Street.

Hadrians Wall Part 1: History of the Edge of an Empire.
Hadrians Wall Part 2: A Journey Along the Edge of the Empire.
Hadrians Wall Part 3: The Staffordshire Moorlands Patera.
Hadrians Wall Part 4: The Western Costal Defences.
Hadrians Wall Part 5: The Forts And Camps North Of Hadrians Wall.

You can use some of this

New project

Post 14

Tamrhind

Well, 'nuff chit. I'll start on William Rufus later. I'm drinking right now & I don't think that's good for anyone's creative intellect (Hemmingway & Joyce possibly excepted).

New project

Post 15

Mina

There is stuff on the most recent royals too - C919

New project

Post 16

bobstafford

It is a good seection but it seems to need a referance work to bind it together and fill the gapssmiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 17

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'Faculty of History, Philosophy and Spirituality'.

Uni: British Monarchy - Abandoned

Post 18

Bluebottle

No articles by this Researcher found.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post