A Conversation for Faculty of History, Philosophy and Spirituality

The Zulu Tribe of Southern Africa

Post 1

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Project Name: The Zulu Nation of Southern Africa
Field Researcher: Infinity
Researcher number: U166033
Guide entry No.:A538526
Department:
Faculty: History
Start Date: 22nd April 2001
End Date: 3rd June 2001

I plan to cover the tribal life of the Zulu people, their traditions and their beliefs.

Specific areas (at the moment - these might change/increase)
Brief history of the Zulu nation.
Traditions/beliefs - this will cover all aspects of their life from childhood to adulthood to marriage and finally to death.

Post 2

Researcher 55674

Do you have enough material for more than one guide entry?

I think normally university projects have more than one, and are larger in focus than yours. Do you know anyhthing about other African tribes? If so, you could broaden your topic a whole lot.

Post 3

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

I can change my Project name to Tribes of Southern Africa and cover Zulu, Xhosa, Venda, Shangaan etc. If I do this, would I then do them as separate guide entries?

Post 4

Researcher 55674

Yes to separate guide entries, see a good in-progress example here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A533747

Also, have you created a project index(an entry like the one above)? This is listed as the first step on creating a project in the guidelines on the admissions page, so I assume it's important.

check the example project index, too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A439247

Post 5

I have changed my project title to Tribes of Southern Africa and my index now lists the tribes I will research. If accepted will I start the guide entry as a new entry - separate from my Index?
Thanks for your help.

Post 6

Researcher 55674

Yes, a separate guide entry for each tribe would be appropriate.

Oh, about your project page: use the GuideML code to put in line breaks where necessary.

Hmmm... you might start another thread with your newly named project to generate some interest. I know its a hassle but you probably need to go over again exactly what you'll be covering with each tribe and soforth.

Good Luck! smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Peta

Thanks for offering to become a Field Researcher. smiley - smiley

We're just checking out the new Admissions now!

Thread Moved

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The University Admissions Office' to 'Faculty of History, Philosophy and Spirituality'.

Uni: The Zulu Tribe of Southern Africa - Abandoned

Post 9

Bluebottle

Project: A538526 The Zulu Nation of Southern Africa

Field Researcher: Infinity U166033

No other Entries found

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post