A Conversation for University of Cambridge, UK

Bedders

Post 1

RBS

I am an undergraduate at Emmanuel. As far as I know, bedders have never been known to make anyone's beds - or not for a long time, at least

Bedders

Post 2

Danny B

You've just got the wrong bedders! When I was at Emma (1993-2000, although I lived out for the second three years) I usually got my bed made... maybe you've done something to annoy your bedder smiley - winkeye

Bedders

Post 3

Sarah, her trowel, her webpage and her dream

They don't make your bed here in Christs

Bedders

Post 4

Chris Mear

Starting this academic year (2001-2002), the role of the bedders at Emmanuel has been changed, in an effort to reduce rents. (Although I don't really see the logic in that, and I'm pretty certain the rents haven't decreased.)

Previously, your bedder was supposed to come in and empty your bin every day, and would change your bedding for you and clean your room once a week.

From this year, they only empty your bin twice a week, and they're not supposed to make anyone's beds. Ever.

Bedders

Post 5

Danny B

Don't believe a word of it - nothing anyone has ever done at Emmanuel has ever *reduced* rents smiley - erm

Sheesh, I leave and the place just falls apart smiley - winkeye

Bedders

Post 6

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
"Researcher Chris Mear"
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic

Bedders

Post 7

Martin Harper

In churchill they emptied the bins and if your floor was clear of detritus they hoovered. So my room very rarely got hoovered...

Oh, and they dropped clean sheets outside your door and made friendly conversation. Better than a kick in the head, anyway smiley - smiley

-Lucinda

Bedders

Post 8

Rogerrio

I might be able to help... the bedders won't make your bed if you are still in it.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more