A Conversation for Lord Of The Rings-Film

L O T R

Post 1

Garthion of URAN

This was supposed to be in the correct order for the book the "fellowship of the ring". Where was 'short cut to mushrooms' and even more importantly where oh where was Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. I will STILL get the DVD when it is released because it is THE BEST film of the 21st century

A Fan of Number 6 ("the Prisoner") smiley - winkeye + smiley - smiley

L O T R

Post 2

Nikki Patron Saint and Keeper of champagne and fizzy drinks and daydreams and nightmare demons, Guardian Angel

Hi 192743
Just wanted to say if you buy the D.V.D get the one coming out in December (there's more stuff on it).

Nikki Keeper of Champagne and Fizzy Drinks and Daydreams and Nightmare Demons.smiley - wizard

L O T R

Post 3

Garthion of URAN

Thank you for your information, I most definately WILL be buying the full feature DVD (I've read the books 2 and a half times)

Cheers. smiley - smiley

L O T R

Post 4

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

ive read em numerous times, the dvd in dec has bout half an hour extra footage in it. including the gift giving in lothlorien which shud help make more sense of the later films.... oh, but im forgetting. they but out the bit at the end when sam uses the box dont they? (or so i heard smiley - sadface)

smiley - musicalnoteho tom bombadil, tom bombadillo... smiley - musicalnote

omy smiley - cheerup

L O T R

Post 5

Gorthaur

Seems they always miss out the Tom Bombadil part of the story. They missed it out in the BBC Radio production as well.

L O T R

Post 6

we should start a campaign, 'Bring Back Tom Bombadil'!!!

omy smiley - cheerup

L O T R

Post 7

Gorthaur

I second that smiley - biggrin

L O T R

Post 8

firstmanslayer

Did you know, that in the movie, the "Balrock" deamon wasn't real!!!!!!!:o
I had no idea!

L O T R

Post 9

"balrock"?!? smiley - huh

omy smiley - cheerup

L O T R

Post 10

firstmanslayer

lol
the big fiery red deamon in the halls of...wherever!

the 1 who was slain by gandalf at the start of the two towers?

4get it...jokes over

:'(

L O T R

Post 11

Balrog smiley - tongueout

L O T R

Post 12

firstmanslayer

Oh dear!
Thanks......how embarasing!
I have the books, however didn't think to check.

he

L O T R

Post 13

Garthion of URAN

The two towers was a brilliant film but i can not wait till December to see shelob (should have been in the two towers).
The extended DVD is definetly the better of the two versions even though it still does not show ANY sign of good old TOM.

Keep the conversation going until after the King returns GARTHION

L O T R

Post 14

Nikki Patron Saint and Keeper of champagne and fizzy drinks and daydreams and nightmare demons, Guardian Angel

Just seen Two Towers ......best film ever!

L O T R

Post 15

Outer_Real

I'm outraged that not only did Two Towers not have the seen where Saruman has it laid down on him by Galdalf and the horsy king, but they've decided not to show it in the third film either!

I'm losing all faith in Peter Jackson.

Key: Complain about this post