This is the Message Centre for Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Bleeping Kids

Post 1

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

17 October 2005, 8.29pm

They're throwing stones at my front room window, which I'm sitting right next to, the window is double glazed, hopefully it won't break; but it's still scary. I'm on my own at the moment, partner is at work and son is out.

Bleeping Kids

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Hope you're smiley - ok Emmily smiley - hug

Bleeping Kids

Post 3

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - cheers BigAl, this used to be a nightly accurrence. When alex was being bullied at school, we live on the 'school run' so they found out where he lived, and targeted the house. At one time my windows were broken so often, I was on the Police's repeat victim list. He left school nearly two years ago, we've had hardly any trouble since then, I don't know why they're doing it tonight. smiley - sadface

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 4

Kat - From H2G2

smiley - steam I assume you're going to inform the police yes? I feel worried and pissy about this.

Bleeping Kids

Post 5

Nothing they can do about it Kat, the only reason I used to contact them when the windows were broken was to get the incident number to give to the council, so they could replace the window without charging me. When it was a regular accurrence, I was offerd a use of a security camera to try to catch them, but, they had just one available, and a six month waiting list...

It;s been quiet, since my original post, and partner will be home in about 10-15 mins. smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 6

Partner and son both arrived within last few mins, window has been inspected, it wasn't a stone, it was an egg, so I suppose I'll have to get a bucket of water and wash it off. smiley - cross

Last year, around this time my local shops had notices that they would not sell flour or eggs to under 16 year olds, I may make inquiries as to whether they'll be putting the notices up again this year.

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

quiet is not the point, they can return, if you "bite" they will do it all the more, but always phone the cops, it has to be written down at station and if they get fed up, its councils anti social stuff that should come into force

re double glazing, the only way it will break, is with a sharp point, otherwise most objects just bounce off

Bleeping Kids

Post 8

18 October, 7.50

What sounded like a small stone hit window, I'm not alome tonight, partner is in. smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers Animal, previously Police advised that I keep a note of all incidents, this thread is also a way of doing that, it I'm online at the time.

I don't go out after them, far too much of a coward for that.

Glad to know it's difficult to break double glazing windows, before I had them my windows were broken by stones, a tomato and an orange, the kids round here appear not to like eating fruit. smiley - smiley

smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 9

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Emilly,I watched a program a while ago, about double glazing, the inner window acts as a cushion and does not allow the outer one to move enough to break the molecule chain(prof bitsmiley - winkeye)that breaks the glass. The only way to break it and to be honest (you want to have a little hammer with a sharp point at one end nearby,or even a large nail would do)is to give a hard tap with the spike and that! breaks the bonds. Lots of people die trying to get out of house's with double glazing if there is a fire, because they can't smash the glass, even throwing chairs can't do it and the program showed then hitting it with a large iron ball swinging from a chain as big as a bowling ball, it just bounced off

Bleeping Kids

Post 10

Hmmm I saw something similar to that, maybe even the same programme. The problem wasn't the double glazed windows, it was that the windows didn't open wide enough for a person to escape from, mine open nice and wide. smiley - smiley

smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 11

well don't have a fire, just to prove me wrongsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Bleeping Kids

Post 12

I'll try not to smiley - laugh

smiley - bluebutterfly

Bleeping Kids

Post 13

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - hugs - this time of year always makes me nervous - and I get sick of every shop doorway containing "guys" and requests for coins.

Then there's the smiley - bleep fireworks.smiley - yikes

Bleeping Kids

Post 14

it rarely costs me anything at bonfire time, when kids are penny for the guy'ing, I just say you never said "please" at the end of "penny for the guy"

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more