This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

I'm all about the BeaTch 29:11

Post 1

Beatrice

Saturday morning, and what am I doing? I'm parkrunning of course!
smiley - run
Since I was a parkrun tourist last week, and will be in Disneyland Paris next week, I thought I'd better put in an appearance at my home course. I've been suffering from a cold all week, and have done barely any training, so I wasn't planning to try for any speed records. But I did know that a fellow dog-runner was intending to come along. So when I saw lovely Samoyed Zola and her owners, we had a friendly chat before the start.smiley - dog

The whistle went, and off we zoomed. I started fast, and to one side, largely to keep out of the way of other runners. Zola and Ruth overtook me about half way round lap 1, but then had to stop for weewees (Zola, not her owner). So we took the lead (pun intended) for a while, until the streak of white passed us again. Mini seemed to relish the chase, and we were hard on the bigger dog's paws. She stopped at the same spot on each of the following 2 laps, which allowed us to get ahead each time, and the whole run was a very good-natured battle of grrrrrl power.
smiley - biggrin
I was giving my Garmin the occasional glance, and knew we were making good time. Very good time, in fact. My previous record at this route was 25:30, and I'd managed an all time best of 25:10 last week on a slightly easier course. smiley - towel

At km 3-4 my legs started to complain, but I'm used to this. And after the 4km marker I began to feel slightly nauseous - again, I know this means I am pushing myself to the limit. The aim when running is collapse in a heap about one step past the finish line smiley - ok

So I was thrilled to bits with an official time of 24:42! Running a sub-25 minute parkrun had been one of the targets I was going to set for 2015, so it's nice to have that one achieved even before the bells have struck on New Year's Eve smiley - bubbly

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm rooting for you! smiley - xmastree

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Weewees smiley - rofl

Well done on smashing your personal best smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more