This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Bea 23:11

Post 1

Beatrice

Today dawned cold and frosty- I realised when I got up at 7:15 that I'd just missed an ISS pass, and the rest of them this week are around 5 in the morning.

Too cold to run, so we decided to take the dogs to rowallane gardens, where theres an enclosed field that dogs are allowed off leash in. Well, I say enclosed, clearly max found a part of the wall low enough to leap over and he escaped got a worrying while! He did come back in the end, but I'm less happy about letting him off there in the future.

After a ham and cheese toastie lunch ( lovely jarlsberg and a caramelised onion cheddar), we went to M&S. My parents had given me some spending money for our anniversary, so we availed of today's 20% discount to buy some new cushions to revamp the lounge. I had a £100 gift voucher after switching my bank account to Marks, so I bought a little black work dress, and some fingerless gloves. And I still have 50 left. We also bought some mini beef wellingtons for dinner. The Christmas shopping madness has started, so we were glad to escape the crowds.

Back home, we watched Good Vibrations, after meeting Terri Hooley the other night. It brought back memories of Belfast in the 1980s, and the punk era with it's high point of john peel playing teenage kicks twice.

The evening was spent relaxing with a large glenfiddich and the Strickly results show, followed by Sue Perkins on the Mekong delta.

Post 2

KB

Being followed by Sue Perkins on the Mekong Delta sounds like something that happened in Apocalypse Now.

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It's visible twice in Boston tomorrow:

At 4:32 for one minute, and at 6:07 for four minutes. Both times are early in the morning smiley - online2long.

Even if I were to get up early enough to spot it, I would only have a small amount of time in which to figure out where in the sky it might be.

Post 5

KB

I think you'd spot it - when the sky's clear (and it's dark), it's pretty hard to miss. It *is* fast, though.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more