This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Don't Worry Bea Happy 20:11

Post 1

Beatrice

Since I was working yesterday, I got to take today off in lieu of my usual Wednesday.

I took the dogs for a long walk round Hillsborough lake. The early morning mist was just dissipating, and there were lots of swans, including some "teenagers" who are full grown size, but still with a lot of brown in their feathers. The noise of a pair of them taking off in synch, and the sight of their reflection in the still water, were stop-and-stare moments.

I can just about fit both dogs in my car - Mini in the boot, Max on the back seat - but we were all rather mucky after our walk. And as I was due to pick my parents up from the train station, I thought I'd better treat Travis (my car's name) to a mini-valet.

Met the parents, enjoyed a latte together, and passed on a wee present of sweetie meerkats for my sister, whose birthday is this weekend. Ran Mum and Dad to Musgrave hospital, where my Dad was undergoing a pre-op interview prior to a hip replacement in December.

Got phone calls and FB messages from the offspring, both thrilled to bits with their Christmas care packages.

So. I've made my dogs happy, my Mum, Dad and sister happy, my children happy, my car happy....and I'm off dancing this evening which will make me happy.

I asked my husband what I could do to make him happy, and he replied that he's happy every day he's with me. Awwwww!

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Awww indeed!

smiley - smiley

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

What are sweetie meerkats?

Post 5

Beatrice

Gummies, like cola bottles, but shaped like meerkats.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more