This is the Message Centre for Vip

The new year starts now.

Post 1

Vip

Well, maybe a couple of weeks ago, but still. After a tough December and January I'm starting to think February might be OK.

After eighteen months on the market we have finally sold our house and had an offer accepted on one we want to buy.

Mr Vip and I had some Proper Serious conversations about Life, the Universe and Everything and feel much better for it.

I've been able to resign as the Secretary for my local orchestra, which had turned into a horrid political mess. Lots of people have thanked me for my tenure and apologised for me getting caught up in it, which, while it didn't make the whole thing any better at the time at least makes it clear it wasn't me.

There are still things I'm worried about - my ongoing minor health niggles, house moving worries and some LRPing worries (because my brain will never let me rest) but they all seem a lot more manageable now that those other stressors are out of the way. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

The new year starts now.

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hug

The new year starts now.

Post 3

Icy North

Madame North is an orchestra secretary too. You're right about the hard work, lack of appreciation and nasty politics.

Good luck with all that! smiley - smiley

The new year starts now.

Post 4

Vip

Thank you both!

I knew that something was odd with this orchestra when I volunteered (because nobody else would) but I didn't expect it to happen in quite the manner it did. Still, it's over now.

I hope things improve for Madame North, it's no fun to have to deal with politics on top of actually being the secretary.

I've promised myself no more committees for me for at least a year, however much people ask. Just because I *can* do the job, doesn't mean I *have* to do the job.

smiley - fairy

The new year starts now.

Post 5

Pastey

Same here, have just stepped down from the committee for the local Camra branch. I'm far too busy trying to run a brewery to do anything else.

The new year starts now.

Post 6

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Me too! I have just stepped down from the chair of my marriage.......smiley - winkeyesmiley - bubblysmiley - run

The new year starts now.

Post 7

Vip

That brewery does seem to be going well though. smiley - cheers

Mr Vip and I keep on saying we should come up and see you guys at some point, and then Life keeps happening. Irresponsibly, all over the place. Oh well. Maybe once we're moved things will get back on track (smiley - laugh).

smiley - fairy

The new year starts now.

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

How 'bout July 29? A87879866smiley - whistle

The new year starts now.

Post 9

Vip

Sadly not! I'm already booked up for that weekend smiley - grr.

smiley - fairy

The new year starts now.

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - sadface

There's a meet in London the week before and one in (probably) Edinburgh the week after...?

The new year starts now.

Post 11

Vip

It's a possibility, but realistically I'd prefer to meet up with grown up friends without smiley - cupid in tow, he's great an' all but I couldn't then come out in the evening.

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post