This is the Message Centre for Vip

Getting started it always the hardest part...

Post 1

Vip

So after a very difficult meeting last night, which was very unpleasant, I now have the fun task of reliving the whole experience in the form of sorting out and writing up my notes.

I don't wanna. smiley - sadface

It isn't going to get any better by leaving it, so I will have to tackle it tonight, but still... I don't wanna.

smiley - fairy

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - stiffdrink

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - sadfacesmiley - goodlucksmiley - pggb

Post 4

Vip

Thanks, folks. I have a feeling that once I'm done I will be breaking out some kind of beverage.

I've done the first draft (which is probably the worst bit), now I just have to add in the appendices and investigate the names of the people who spoke (I know some of them, and a couple of them I know but can't remember their names so it shouldn't be too onerus a task).

Go me. I can do this.

*self-five*

smiley - fairy

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Yay! Well done on the first draft smiley - ok Go you!

Post 6

Icy North

I have a tip for when you can't remember the name of someone who was at the meeting - just describe them instead:

Fat Man in Glasses: "I propose we delay the AGM until the third week of July"

Grey-haired Lady in Hideous Floral-print Dress: "We will need to consult the volunteer community."

etc.

Post 7

Vip

Icy, that was pretty much my tactic, I just put them down as what instrument they played and that allowed me to go through the member list later and go 'Oh yes, [name]!'.

I have officially sent the email. smiley - diva Time for Sherlock. And possibly rum. smiley - stiffdrink

smiley - fairy

Post 8

Pastey

Mmmm, rum...

Doesn't help that two arches along from the brewery is a new rum distillery... smiley - stiffdrink

Post 9

Vip

I went for nettle tea in the end. smiley - tea

It sounds like the arches are a fun place to be. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Should be quite fun on July 29smiley - whistle

Post 11

Pastey

Generally the arches are pretty cool. In the one mile between Arwdick and Piccadilly stations there's ten breweries, a rum distillery and an artisan bakers.

There's also a gym, but we don't talk about that much smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Cybercat: Part 2

Gyms are a naughty word smiley - winkeye

Well done on your 1st draft

Post 13

Vip

Speaking of fitness, how is your running going, Pastey? Or has it taken a back seat to the brewery (which I imagine is eating your life quite a bit).

smiley - fairy

Post 14

Pastey

It's taken a back seat smiley - sadface

I host a monthly running club at the brewery, so always do at least 5km a month, but sometimes that's it.
Determined to try and get out more again this year, dropping from 500km a year to 50km has meant my beer gut's starting to reappear smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vip

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more