A Conversation for Nightclubs

Night Clubs

Post 1

Rickshaw Splat

From what I remember of night clubs in my youth, your reason for going to a night club depends entirely upon what sex you are. Men go in groups with the main aim of picking up women but actually spending most of the time standing in a corner getting drunk (as you described). Very few men (except the John Travolta clones in the white suits) go with the aim of dancing unless it is necessary to achieve their main aim. Women, on the other hand, actually DO seem to go with the main aim of dancing and will form dancing groups (around handbags) for defensive reasons to protect themselves against the predatory drunks.

Night Clubs

Post 2

Loupy Lou

At last someone who actually understands the aim of women going to clubs, although I have always found it a good idea to go with a couple of male friends for security from the drunken blokes who try to pick you up (those being the particular ugly one as well). If I get unwanted attentions then my mates are there to back me up and get rid of the preditor.

Do men actually go clubbing in groups with an intend on upsetting and picking on the single (or attached) women at the club?

Male Point of View

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Our entire goal is to meet women in the club. Period. We go in groups just so we have someone to talk to if the whole evening is a bust. We also go in groups because someone is likely to get too drunk to get home on their own, and there's no way to tell befre the night begins exactly whose turn it is to do that.
We also travel in packs because single women travel in packs. Usually they can be found in pairs...a pretty one, and a pretty fat one. That's why a man has to go clubbing with a VERY good friend; someone has to distract the fat girl.
We know that it is incredibly lame to try to make a connection with a woman in a club, but, unfortunately, there aren't many places to meet women when you're working in an all-male or mostly male profession, like law enforcement or military. These two groups are the ones who usually manage to make themselves the biggest pests.

Night Clubs

Post 4

Pepstor

Yes.

Night Clubs

Post 5

Pepstor

Yes.

Male Point of View

Post 6

Mad Max

Not too many women in engineering either.

Male Point of View

Post 7

Huffers, compulsive lurker

or Computer Science
*damns his choice of degree*
smiley - steam

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more