This is the Message Centre for Saturnine

So I weighed myself today...

Post 1

Saturnine

...probably the first time since I was 14. I don't get caught up in the whole weight thing, I care more about how I look, so it's not a huge deal to me. We got the scales for another reason, but I thought I would hop on and take a look.

I am 13 stone 9.

smiley - bigeyes

I didn't think I was that heavy. Probably most of it is in my smiley - tits anyway. But smiley - bigeyessmiley - monster ...I can only really laugh about it. I'm never gonna be a skinny lass. Does this make me a fat one? smiley - winkeye

Post 2

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Your body-mass index (BMI) is 25.5 and your waist to height ratio (WHtR) is 50.1. (From what I gather from what you have said)

Quote:

*The body-mass index (BMI) is calculated by dividing your weight (in kg) by the square of your height (in meters). A BMI greater than 25 may indicate that you are overweight, while a BMI greater than 30 generally indicates obesity.

The waist-to-height ratio (WHtR) is calculated by dividing your waist size by your height. The WHtR may give a more accurate assesment of health for serious athletes, especially body builders, who have a higher percentage of muscle and a lower percentage of body fat, or for women who have a "pear" rather than an "apple" shape. A WHtR under 50.0% is generally considered healthy.

So you are healthy and not fat, OK? Now stop worrying and get on with life!

Post 3

Saturnine

Wait wait wait.

The 0.5 proves that I am *just* right in saying I am a little overweight.

smiley - laugh

I'm not worried. Honestly! I find it humourous more than anything.

Post 4

clzoomer- a bit woobly

.1 actually, since the second measurement is more accurate for women, who as they go on to say are generally *pear* shaped. So ultimately you are statistically almost right on the median, which is fine.

Good to hear you have a good attitude about it, that's more important than any formulae.

smiley - ok

smiley - smoochsmiley - kisssmiley - cuddle

Post 5

Saturnine

I'm going to go and look up this BMI thing myself now. Just for curiousity.

But what else could I be? If I worried about my actual physical weight, I'd end up becoming a twitching nervous anorexic. Better to look good: as long as my health's intact.

But then, I shouldn't get complacent about it either. I should at least think about making some kind of effort to lose a stone or two. Thinking is half of doing. smiley - winkeye

Post 6

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I didn't dare put myself in the formula, my stomach would betray me. But I am healthy and relatively fit. I always think I look like all the fisherman and loggers I knew when I grew up. Hard muscles but soft stomachs. They all lived a healthy, long life unless they stopped exercising when they retired. Anyway, I agree with you, as I have said before, the philosophy of Popeye is fine for me.
*I yam wot I yam, and that's all that I yam.*

smiley - winkeye

Post 7

Saturnine

You can't help the way you were built. It's nice to have that kind of male body still around. Most guys look like girls these days... smiley - yuk

My father's side of the family (females) are all horrifically overweight. I inherited that metabolism I think, so as far as I'm concerned, I've done OK. smiley - smiley

I should definitely make some kind of effort. More walking maybe. Or less chocolate. I hate to think what kind of weight I was 2 January's ago, because I was bigger than this, I am sure of it.

smiley - bigeyes

Post 8

SEF

You'll get lots of hits if you google for "body mass index" but I'd stay clear of any sites/pages which are not government health ones. I looked some up last time someone else asked but I can't be bothered to go through them all again myself and you're internet proficient anyway, Sat. smiley - biggrin

Post 9

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Post a site and make a million!

*The Saturnine Weight Loss Plan*

Just write a few hundred pages that boil down to *less chocolate, more walking!* smiley - winkeye

smiley - tongueout

Post 10

Saturnine

You know, I often consider ripping off the millions by selling them my valuable advice for grossly inflated prices.

But then I realise there's something good on TV and I have to watch it.

Priorities, eh? smiley - smiley

Post 11

clzoomer- a bit woobly

No chocolate while you watch! And change channels by getting up instead of using the remote! (See, another page for your plan!) smiley - laugh

Post 12

Saturnine

Can people still change the channel without a remote these days? Most folks have cable or satellite...

smiley - bigeyes

Post 13

clzoomer- a bit woobly

*thinks...oh, this is rich...*

Get up, go over to your television and look for little arrows on buttons.

smiley - tongueout

Post 14

Saturnine

That's for terrestrial TV. And that doesn't include channel 5. So there's no point.

smiley - tongueout

Post 15

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Oh, I forgot. You only have two or three channels there in Engelund.

smiley - tongueout

Oh well. Out here in the colonies we make do...

Post 16

Saturnine

Blah blah blah.

Superior bloody immigrants.

smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saturnine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more