This is the Message Centre for Saturnine

Things I Have Done This Year (for all those that are still out there and wondering)

Post 1

Saturnine

I have not used this site, and thus, completely forgotten who is who, and how to use the smileys!

I had a week and a half stay in hospital, in which I discovered being old is a terrible state, and that I am better off without my gallbladder. I have some badass scars too.

I spent a lot of time writing news for this site - http://www.theninhotline.net - and enjoyed it muchly. Tied in with that, I saw Nine Inch Nails four times this year (It could have been six, but money was lacking).

I dyed my hair back to brown. And I bought a trucker hat.

I got a job! And I kept it! I'm currently working in a call centre as a sales administrator, and have been since the 2nd of August.

I collected and watched the entire four seasons of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, watched the fifth season three times, and currently watch the CSI fan forums for the sixth. So far, it's pretty good, but I'm annoyed they cut the Sara/Grissom hotel room scene.

I went to London the week after the Tube bombings, and the week before the second attempt. I was actually on one of the main lines on the Thursday (the week after) at the exact time the bombs went off. It was chilling.

I flew to San Diego, and met up with a long term internet friend. We went to the zoo, he showed me his sword, it was pretty fun.

I evolved, but didn't change an iota of who I am. I just got better.

...so. How is everyone else doing?

Things I Have Done This Year (for all those that are still out there and wondering)

Post 2

SEF

Hello there. I'd pootled over to check on you occasionally and noted your continuing general absence. The text smileys work just the same as ever - when the site is working at all, unlike all yesterday evening! I hope your body is now working better and doesn't have as many crashes as the BBC.

..._@o"

Post 3

Potholer

Saturnine,
It's great to hear from you, and to hear that you're still you, only more so (which sounds quite wonderful, if a little scary).

I haven't done a huge amount recently - still exploring caves, and learning new skills in the hopes of finding the kind of job I want, but without much enthusiasm for efforts on the latter front. Still, savings are running low, so I have little option now.

Technically, I suppose I'm running a small business at the moment, but in practice, it's really a hobby (building caving lights) that grew to the point where I'm selling to more than just the odd friend and it seemed worth telling the taxman.

I keep having more ideas for a killer techy/conspiracy/action novel, but mainly on the side of plot, with actual conversation from characters not based on *my* style of speech or that of a few acquaintances being rather harder to imagine. I can understand why people reckon that writing can be a ruthless exploitation of the characters/personalities of friends.
I suspect that without outside coercion, nothing will happen beyond ideas.

Post 4

Saturnine

Hi Potholer! Don't be scared, I'm rendered harmless by that which is the the Great British Cold right now.

I just had a purge of the ol' backlog, and I did happen to come across some of your journal entries. Very interesting reading, if I may say so.

Write the ideas down. You never know when you might need them.

Good to see all is well.

Post 5

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Hiya Sat,

Long time no hear. Glad to hear you are still alive n' kicking!

Post 6

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

It's great to have news of you, Saturnine! I am sorry to hear about your gall bladder, but you're probably - no, definitely, better off without it...

Congrats on the job!

TTFN,

Della

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saturnine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more