A Conversation for Lies, Damned Lies, and Science Lessons

The mass velocity thing

Post 21

Noggin the Nog

At the very least it'll be interesting to see who's still around a year on from the last post.

And since you seem to know some physics, and I'm not a physicist - was I right, or talking tosh?

Noggin

The mass velocity thing

Post 22

Leizard

I do know some physics, although I'm not a physicist yet... and were you right about what?

The mass velocity thing

Post 23

Noggin the Nog

Because mass *is* the distortion of spacetime...

Going to be one soon, I take it?

Noggin

The mass velocity thing

Post 24

Leizard

Mass isn't the distortion of spacetime, mass causes the distortion of spacetime.
I'm not sure how well I can explain this myself, but there are some good text-booky websites that I've used before, if you're interested. (for example: http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_century_science/lectures/lec07.html)

I'll be a physicist of sorts.. I'm on my way to becoming a physical/geological oceanographer.. and as for soon, well I just finished my second year (undergrad).. so I'll be in school for a while before I can call myself a scientist of any sort.

The mass velocity thing

Post 25

Noggin the Nog

I'll have a look at that smiley - ta

Good luck with the degree. smiley - ok I presume it entails stff like ocean currents and sea floor tectonics?

Noggin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more