A Conversation for Talking Point: What's the Silliest Thing...

It's hard to pronounce certain words...

Post 1

Codpiece Man: Cynic and OBLPSEA

In eighth grade science class, a heated discussion about a test question caused uproar throughout the class. Amidst the yelling, I loudly and passionately pointed out that the question was referring to an "organism," which I thought was a fairly relevent point. Well, being a good adolescent and accidental Monty Python tributer, I left out the syllable "ni."

Yeah.

Codpiece Man

Classic, and less than classic, errors

Post 2

Simon Trew

I was recently sawing up some old wood for the fire. I got more wood than I had expected, because I also sawed through the table I was using as support.

A close friend, however, can top this. He decided to put wooden flooring into his bedroom. He sawed all the pieces to size, went into the bedroom and started fitting them. Satisfied at a job well done, he then went to leave the bedroom... only to realise that the door, which used to open inwards, did not clear the floor. The saw was, of course, outside the room. He had to wait in the room for four hours until his wife got home.

One night I fell alseep in the kitchen. I woke up to realise that in dropping off I must have banged my nose on the kitchen counter, making it bleed, and fell alseep propped up against the cabinets. I went upstairs to the bathroom to clean my nose up, then, rather than go to the bedroom next door, I returned to the kitchen to resume my sleep propped up against the cabinets.

I lived in a maisonette, with a flat below. I had locked myself out but fortunately the flat had a covered porch below my kitchen window so I got on the rubbish bin, up onto the porch and into the kitchen window. I then went downstairs to put back the rubbish bin and, inevitably, locked myself out again.

Today I stood waiting for 10 minutes in a line at the local shop, which was a bit annoying as I only wanted to buy a newspaper. When I finally got to the checkout I realised I had forgotten to pick up the newspaper.

There's plenty more, but I have to go home now.

Classic, and less than classic, errors

Post 3

Clelba

i have many a time bought something, payed for it and then walked out the shop without picking it up...smiley - erm
luckily i've always been called back, but it does make one feel very stupid smiley - blush
^. .^
= ' =

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more