A Conversation for Tea

water

Post 1

geordie jo

Only let water boil once before you put it on the tea, don't re-boil it?
strange but true?

water

Post 2

Spike Anderson is sorry he can't catch up on a whole month's backlog

That's what they say. Have you ever notice the differences between making tea and making coffee? It's very odd. You make tea with boilING water and coffee with recently boilED water. You put the milk in before the tea, but after the coffee. And for tea, you use tea leaves; for coffee you use coffee grounds. Ok, no surprize there, but the others are interesting. Anyway, just some smiley - tea for thought.

-Spike A.

water

Post 3

geordie jo

but what about tea granules?
And if ground coffee was put into bags could they be used as tea bags?
(what is the wave?)
cheerio

water

Post 4

Anonymouse

Someone has actually finally come up with this product.. Coffee bags for single cups.

water

Post 5

Spike Anderson is sorry he can't catch up on a whole month's backlog

How very odd, and yet extremely predictable. Have you tried it?

-Spike A.

water

Post 6

Anonymouse

Are you kidding? I go through coffee by the 3# can (I buy them in pairs, minimum whenever they are on sale and always have a stash of them). smiley - smiley

water

Post 7

ArtOfTao

Sure the water should be boiling, and on the first boil at that, as water boils it looses much of the oxygen disloved in it (not the O part of H2O, but what fishes breathe). Its a tricky balance when making tea between getting the water hot enough but not letting the water boil for too long.
This is where I must disagree slightly with the main entry, the pot (or cup) should be warmed with the water from the kettle before it boils.

Note also that you cant make a good cuppa up a mountain, due to the lower air pressure there, water boils may below 100 celcius.

Its not whaich path you take, but how you tread it.

water

Post 8

Cammy_Indigo

you need the oxygen in the water to release the full flavour of the tea, boiling twice would much detract from this!
also if filtering water before boiling (advisable i hard water areas otherwise you get that scummy stuff) make sure you filter it fight before boing, standing water looses oxygen

Key: Complain about this post