This is the Message Centre for Brent

Beginning, In The

Post 1

Brent

Started this journal 13/12/2002, 1:32 pm AEST

Beginning, In The

Post 2

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Hi,

If you like you can personalise your space by clicking the "Edit Page" button - at the top on the right...... type in what you want to other researchers to know about you - anything.

Once you have done this your page will be activated and one of the A.C.E.s will be along to greet you officially - Who knows, it might even be me!! smiley - biggrin

Good luck, I hope your stay here is long and enjoyable.

Bassman smiley - cool

Beginning, In The

Post 3

Tube - the being being back for the time being

... and already other researchers start to pour in smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers
Tube

Beginning, In The

Post 4

Brent

I wonder how many people will reply to this?...

Beginning, In The

Post 5

The Theory

I will... I think...

peace.

Beginning, In The

Post 6

To qoute from your homepage here at h2g2 (commonly referred to as Uspace, because of its URL ending in U#######):
"How, why and when you reached my page is a mystery to me as much as who you are is."

How? There's a button called "Who's Online", should be on top of your page in a little orange field. It lists all researchers (Users) who are currently online. The ones who have joint withinthe last seven days have the info "New this week" added to their name. This helps the ACEs (Assistant Community Editors, see posting # 2) to identify newbies and drop by their space to welcome them and to offer them help with using h2g2 (Apart from that ACEs are normal users). I found your page this way, floating through the site.

Why? Uh, I should think that Bassman came here in hir official position as an ACE. I came here just out of curiosity.

When? That would have been six hours ago, i.e. 13.1. 4 a.m. GMT.

Who are you? Me? One of the early h2g2 members ... I've been here for over two years. You know, it was all green pastures then. No ACEs, no facy smilies ... errr.... anyway. To find out more about any user just go and visit their Uspaces. To do that just click on their name in a posting. Right under the subject-line it reads "Posted 6 Hours Ago by Tube" (or similar). Clicking on my name will take you to my Uspace. The same goes for all other researchers. To meet quite a few of them have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A148907.

smiley - cheers
Tube

Beginning, In The

Post 7

Brent

Well thank you for that startling insight.

Beginning, In The

Post 8

Nice one Tube.

Bassman smiley - cool

Beginning, In The

Post 9

smiley - ok just my attempt to get some ACEs unemployed smiley - winkeye

Beginning, In The

Post 10

How about instead of working against us - would you like to join us. I'm sure that a recommendation would get you in if you wanted. So how about it?

Bassman smiley - cool

Beginning, In The

Post 11

I can't say that I never thought about it. Especially when the ACE scheme was introduced. Hmmmmm, let me think about that. ... What colour is the badge?

Tube
thinking again

Beginning, In The

Post 12

Gold? Not really my colour. Which scheme had silver? smiley - silly

Beginning, In The

Post 13

I think the scouts are silver, maybe if you're only interested in the colour of the badge, you're not quite the right man smiley - biggrin

Let me know if you change your mind.

Bassman smiley - cool

Beginning, In The

Post 14

The Theory

Sugestion: Don't become an ACE...

I didn't, not even when they came beggin at my doorstop...

peace.

Beginning, In The

Post 15

I think I shan't be one. Why? Hum, because I would all get tangled up in the ACE-forums and stuff. I'm doing enough (too much?) already: H2G2 Reports, Area42, TransVol (once that takes off), Arbiter Development Team (A641053).... apart from dealing with all my conversations plus editing a book and writing one at the same time IRL plus the Willem C. Vis Moot (A588170) oh, and I work for money smiley - yikes... maybe later smiley - erm

Beginning, In The

Post 16

The Theory

I'm not just cuz I don't want one of thosee ugly badges on my space...

peace.

Beginning, In The

Post 17

... and it would make me prejudiced as I'd know stuff from the ACEs forum others didn't know...

Beginning, In The

Post 18

The Theory

It's all about those ugly badges...

ack...

peace.

Key: Complain about this post