A Conversation for Movie Godzilla

Movie Godzilla, A New Past Time Sure to Catch On

Post 1

mctrmt...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A680230

Some friends and I invented (to the best of my knowledge) and played this game a few weeks ago, and I thought it would be worth spreading... It was hugely entertaining, despite the fact (or because of the fact) that we felt stupider and stupider as the night wore on.

Thoughts?

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Is another essential ingredient of this game also alcohol? Otherwise I can't see it lasting more than about quarter of an hour at the outside smiley - winkeye!

Past-Time should be 'pastime' by the way.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 3

mctrmt...

The sad thing when we played it was, no, there was absolutely no alcohol. We laughed until we were incapacitated, and there was no conversation, only the occassional "That was a good one".
The addition of drinks would certainly add another level to the game...

Post 4

Hoovooloo

I like this... I played something like it back when...

Many years ago I worked behind a bar with a wonderful girl whose name escapes me at the moment. In the quiet afternoon shifts we'd amuse ourselves and each other playing a variant of this game, the details of which are as follows:

(1) Take a song title which includes the word "heart" or "love".
(2) Substitute the word "knob" for those words.
(3) Er...
(4) That's it.

Favourite examples were ZZ Top's "Gimme All Your Lovin'", Phil Collins' "Two Hearts Are Better (Than Just One Mind)", The Cult's "Love Removal Machine" (ouch!), and the all time favourite, Eurythmics' "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)".

How about including that as an alternative set of rules? (and if anyone can think of any other good song titles, let me know at my space... smiley - winkeye)

H.

Post 5

Evil Zombie Strider

I don't think that this entry really belongs in the edited guide, which is not to say that it should die and dissapear. I would suggest posting in the Alternative Writing Workshop, for inclusion in the Alternative guide:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A608799

Feel free to ignore me, but at least check it out.smiley - ok

smiley - footprints

Post 6

Hoovooloo

Actually, while I agree this is probably not Edited Guide material, it's a shoo-in for the Post...

H.

Post 7

Evil Zombie Strider

That would work too.

smiley - footprints

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

This sounds very like the Sausage Banana game. In this, you replace every word in normal speech which starts with an S with the word Sausage and every word starting with B with Banana. The object, of course, is to come up as amusing a sausage as possible, making the other person sausage their sausages laughing.

Post 9

Henry

I left my 'heart' in Sanfrancisco - some old guy
Why does my 'heart' feel so bad - Moby
Anyone who ever had a 'heart' - Cilla Black?
Why do you have to be a 'heart'-breaker - Dion Warwick?
'Loving' the alien - David Bowie
Long haired 'lover' from Liverpool - 'Little' Jimmy Osmond
Unchain my 'heart' - Not sure.

Posted in wrong place - but it seemed to be going that way anyway...

Post 10

Silverfish

I'm going to recommend that this thread go to the sin bin, as it is not correctly formatted. The title of the conversation should start with the entry's A number (A680230), like this:

A680230 - Movie Godzilla, A New Pastime Sure to Catch On

If you want this to be in peer review, please post a new conseration formatted correctly.

Thread Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

Hi, this thread has been moved to the Peer Review Sin Bin as the title of the conversation was not laid out correctly.

Thread Moved

Post 12

Bluebottle

Does h2g2 have an article on Drinking Games? It's something I thought we'd have, but I can't find one...

<BB<

Thread Moved

Post 13

Gnomon - time to move on

I thought there was one too.

Thread Moved

Post 14

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Movie Godzilla'.

Back to Entry - this has previously appeared in The Post: A684795 Movie Godzilla

Thread Moved

Post 15

Bluebottle

It's a good start for a Drinking Games entry, I was strongly considering Flea Market.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more